Sixty-one

Everything was coming so quickly. Today is the third week of February, and the sweetheart dance is next week already. I could feel nervousness already boiling inside me because it is on the twenty-eight.

I don't have a date yet. I sighed, taking my book out from my bag, but the letter from a few days ago slipped out and fell onto the floor. I placed my book onto the table, before taking the letter from the floor using my finger tips.

"Hey, Hyun!" Suzy greeted. She noticed the letter in my hand, "What's that?"

"A letter, duh." Chungha replied with a roll of her eyes. Suzy smacked her arm, which caused Chungha to glare at her.

"I know that." Suzy said, "But, who wrote it?" I looked at the 'From', and showed it to them. They both read it before looking at each other.

"You have a secret admirer~" Suzy teased, "Who knows who it's from, but I'm pretty sure it's a boy because that doesn't look like a girl's handwriting."

"But who wrote it.." I mumbled, clutching the letter softly in my hands. Suzy shrugged before she plopped down into seat, Chungha and I following.

"Have you gotten letters before?"

"No." I replied, "I mean- in high school no, but in elementary: yes." Suzy raised an eyebrow while Chungha nodded in amusement.

"From who?"

I paused, "Jungkook."

"Oh." They both muttered.

Suzy sighed, "Well, the dance is coming soon- maybe it's someone who wants to ask you out to the dance? Like, who knows." She said.

"I don't feel like going." I spoke quietly, "Proms and parties just aren't.. my thing."

"It isn't her cup of tea." Chungha added.

"Oh, puh-leeze." Suzy exclaimed, "You both should enjoy the night! It doesn't mean you have to be with your partner the entire night, you could also spend time with friends."

I bit my lip, "I really also don't know what to wear, so I guess I have to look for something to wear if I'm going."

"Yes! Thank you." Suzy thanked me, "See, Chungha! You should follow Seohyun's path." Chungha stuck her tongue out at Suzy, who seemed offended.

"I'll think about it." Chungha said.

"Hey, Seohyun!"

I snapped out from my thoughts and quickly hid the letter behind my back, I sat up straight, looking at Mingyu who was jogging towards me.

"Hi." I greeted in a small voice.

"Hi." Mingyu greeted, "So, this is going to sound weird to ask, but do you have a date to the dance? It's already next week Friday."

"No, I don't." I answered.

"Oh." He mumbled, "Are you going though?" I looked at him, squinting my eyes a bit to see if he was hiding something- he looked at me with big eyes.

"I am." I answered again.

"Oooh." Mingyu exclaimed, "What are you doing now?" He asked, sitting down and leaning his elbow against the table.

If you are wondering where we are now, we are sitting in the cafeteria. "I was going to read-" I cut my sentence short when I realized that I took the wrong book from the library.

"But.." I trailed off.

"But?" Mingyu asked.

"I got the wrong book." I spoke, sighing. I stood up, taking the book into my hand. I then exited the cafeteria with Mingyu trailing beside me.