Thirty-eight

Unfortunately, the car lost gas when we were entering the neighborhood. I was shocked when we came to a sudden shock, causing me to jolt forward and nearly hit my head against the seat in front of me.

"Well, damn." Jung-Hyun cursed. "Looks like we ran out of gas- probably left the car running when I came to the bar. Whoops."

Jungkook groaned, "You're serious?"

I watched the two bicker in front of me, which caused me to move towards the middle seat and lean into the space between the driver seat and passenger seat.

I cleared my throat for the first time, but they didn't hear. I pat my chest as I looked at the both of them, sighing. "Ahem."

They both paused and looked at me. Jungkook blinked, "Seohyun and I will walk going home, it's not that far anyway."

Jung-Hyun glared at Jungkook, as the younger boy got out of the car, holding an umbrella up because it was still raining. I looked at Jung-Hyun, who was scrolling through his phone.

"Jung-Hyun?" I called.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"Thank you." I spoke. "For the ride."

He lowered his phone before he turned around and gave me a soft, teasing smile. "No problem. Get home safe." Jung-Hyun spoke, smiling.

"Thank you, a lot." I repeated as I gave him a small smile and exited the car, my hair slightly getting wet as I stood beside Jungkook under the umbrella..

Due to all the traffic earlier, it was nearly 10. I didn't have a watch, but I checked the time in the car, before exiting the car. I looked up at Jungkook, to see him looking ahead.

"What?" Jungkook asked.

"N-Nothing." I stammered, looking ahead.

The rain was hitting the umbrella violently, and I could feel the the small puddles of water sloshing into the boots I was wearing. Poor boots.

I sighed as I slightly kicked some puddles, getting bored as we continued walking. Most of the lights in the neighborhood were off, while only a few cars would pass by us.

"Stop it." Jungkook hissed. "You're going to get not only you, but me wet with the dirty water, so stop it and just walk."

"S-Sorry." I muttered as I stopped what I was doing and continued walking, looking at the duffel bag in my hold from time to time.

Jungkook didn't reply as he continued walking, (making sure that I wasn't getting wet), and we continued to walk deeper into the neighborhood. The rain would sometimes go soft, then harden minutes after.

Being beside someone who wouldn't start a conversation with you is boring. I sighed again as I started kicking puddles, somehow getting wet as I wasn't under the umbrella that much.

"Seohyun, stop it." Jungkook repeated.

I looked at him: I'm going to regret this. I thought as I kicked a puddle, sending water towards Jungkook's shoes and the folded part of his jeans.

"Yah!" Jungkook yelled.

My eyes widened as I saw him fold away the umbrella, as he started chasing me. I squeaked as I turned around and started running away too.

Jungkook and I were both getting wet by the rain, but we both didn't mind. I could sense Jungkook was behind me, which caused me to run even faster.

Soon enough, Jungkook caught off with me, and grabbed my wrist, but I slipped causing the cold ground to hit my skirt, the front of the skirt, wet with dirty water.