Chapter 24

Ana

I know in my heart that what I said to Sam was right but I can't help but feel a little guilty...... guilty for something I shouldn't even care about.

By the time I reach home I have a major headache and thinking about Sam and Lizzie isn't helping one bit.

I always knew Lizzie hated me but I did not know she'd do such a thing to separate me and Sam, it was low..... even for her but then she's the reason I was able to finally break up with Sam which I think should've happened a long time ago.

Lizzie has always been hell bent on ruining my relationship with Sam but Sam too has always been quick to cheat on me with her and so many other girls while I stayed nothing but loyal to him until Blake.

There is something about him that makes my knees go weak, his ocean eyes and that charming smile of his make me forget how shitty my life is, I'm attracted to him and I know that I like him but he's too sweet and optimistic to be with someone like me.

Though I'm known for being rude and badass in my friend circle I can't help but notice the changes in my behavior when I'm around Blake, I become a nicer person around him.

My phone starts buzzing in my pocket and I fish it out, it's Sam..... I freeze for a moment thinking whether I should answer it or not, I don't want to but the look on his face when I met him today is making me feel bad for him, I know I shouldn't but I can't help it.

I've spent two years with him and I know he might not feel anything for me but I do, it's not love I'm sure..... it's just, I don't know what it is, but it's there, I actually care for him despite all the shit he has put me through.

I don't answer his call though, I know I kinda wanted to but I don't because I know it won't result in anything good.

I decide to make myself a cup of tea and complete my assignments which just keep piling up, I recieve a few texts and calls from Blake but I ignore them.

I quickly change into my pajamas and get comfortable on my couch, I open my laptop to look at all the assignments I have due this week when I hear a knock on my door.

With a deep sigh I get up to open the door, I just hope it's not Sam or Blake, my mind is already so fucked up, I don't think I can handle anyone of their presence right now.

I open the front door to find Blake standing there with a distressed look on his face, his backpack slinging on his shoulder.

"Are you alright?" I ask a little worried "Why aren't you picking up your phone?" he asks back dodging my question.

I cross my arms over my chest "I asked first" I remind him and he rolls his eyes at me "Yea okay I'm fine now please tell me why weren't you picking up your phone or answering any of my texts?" he asks entering my apartment.

"I was tired after walking for such a long time and I decided to finish all my pending assignments today" I explain but I'm sure he isn't going to buy it.

He puts his bag down and takes a seat on my couch and I just stand there watching him, it's actually funny how I didn't want to see him but now that he's here I can't help but feel a little giddy.

"Nice story Ana" he says with a smirk on his face and I just shrug, soon we start discussing about the pending assignments and he promises me that he'll help me out with them.

"I'm hungry, wanna go out or order something?" I ask looking up from my laptop screen.

"Yea sure, let's go out and get some fresh air" he says "And food too" I add and we both start giggling.

"Let me get dressed first" I say excusing myself, I brush my hair and wear my usual skinny jeans and a plain blue shirt, I wanted to dress up a little but I don't want to give him any sort of indication that I'm trying to impress him or something.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and cringe at my own sight, I still look a little dull and pale and it seems like I've lost a good amount of weight in the past few days.

I decide to put on some eyeliner and mascara to make my eyes look a little more lively and apply some lip balm on my lips, I know I said I didn't want to give the impression that I was trying or something but I also don't want to look like a zombie when I go out with him.

Honestly I don't even know how Blake even likes me, he's so charming he can easily get a girl who's way better than me.

We leave my apartment at around 7 in the evening and I regret my idea of not bringing my jacket, this simple shirt is quite thin and the autumn breeze is killing me.

"For once you shouldn't have tried to act like a supergirl" Blake says as we walk in the park "Huh?" I give him a confused look and he shrugs.

"You're cold because you didn't bring your jacket supergirl" he says laughing a little.

"Ugh well I didn't know that we were going to take a walk in the park in this weather" I fire back and he puts his hands up in mock defense, I didn't want to but he insisted that we take a walk in the park after dinner to get some fresh air in our lungs.

We both start laughing and I try to remember the last time I felt this good.