Chapter 22

Ana

I laugh out loud clutching my stomach as Ethan tells us a story about how his elder siblings pranked him when he was a child.

"Now now we don't wanna get late for class, do we?" Blake says resting his arm on my shoulder.

"No we don't" I say still giggling as we stand there on Ethan's hallway ready to leave for college, Blake insisted that he'll drop me off at college today and we're just picking up Ethan on the way.

Today's the first day I'm going to attend classes since my breakup with Sam, I usually don't mind attention but I know I'm gonna get a lot of it today, especially from Rick and Will.

In the past few days me and Blake have become closer, but as friends of course, he's so understanding and is always so careful with me, it's amusing really.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam

It's been almost a week since I saw Ana at the restaurant with that jerk and one week since Lizzie is angry at me for behaving the way I did.

It baffles me to think that the reason for which me and Ana broke up is something I've stopped caring about, sure the idea of becoming a dad still thrills me but I miss Ana, yes I miss her terribly and I'm admitting it.

She might look like a tough nut to crack but I know how delicate she is from the inside, I've seen her at her most vulnerable state, I've seen how fearful she can get over some stupid test, heck I've spent two whole years with her and being the fierce little thing she was, she always backed me up and supported me, but all I did was humiliate her, cheat on her and take advantage of her whenever I could. Hell I even tried to force myself on her!

I get out of my misery and get ready for college, it really doesn't feel the same without her, the arguments she had with Will and Rick and the way she used to get so jealous whenever I diverted my attention towards Lizzie, I miss it, I miss it all, that woman is driving me crazy.

I try to clear my head by taking a cold shower and decide that I'll talk to Lizzie today, I have to, I can't just leave her on her own like that.

I get ready and quickly drive towards college hoping to see Ana's face again, she's been absent for like two weeks now, I never knew what happened between us would effect her so badly.

After parking my car I walk towards the building I have my next class in and spot her standing there at the entrance, there she is smiling and looking beautiful like always with her brunette hair cascading down her shoulders and her emerald eyes sparkling with joy, she looks..... really happy.

My eyes then land on the guy who's making her smile like this, the guy she's talking to right now and my blood immediately boils at the sight of them together.

I walk up to them but someone grabs my arm, it's Will "What do you want?" I bark and he looks at me with hooded eyes.

"Do you really want to make things messier than they already are?" he questions letting me go.

"You're just trying to protect your cousin, that's all" I say and he just stares at me with what I suspect to be is anger.

"Really Sam? We've been friends for years now and you still haven't understood me properly" he says with disappointment clear in his voice.

"What is there to understand huh? Stop trying to act like a saint" I say walking away from him only to find Ana and his new lover to be gone from the spot.

Did I just refer that nerd to be Ana's new lover? I'm gonna make sure he never becomes one, I'm gonna make sure that he never means anything to her.

I spot Lizzie but she's going towards the library, I decide to follow her, I do need to make sure she's alright, I'll deal with that jerk later.

I call out her name but it's too crowded for her to hear anything so I just keep following her.

She stands infront the entrance of the library where Rick is also standing, waiting for her I guess.

I want to go and greet them but decide against it and stay fairly behind them.

Rick greets her with a smile but she doesn't smile back, infact she looks worried, I hope everything is alright.

I hide behind one of the shelves placed infront of the library, they're probably moving stuff.

"Rick I need to confess something" she says with panic and my heart starts racing, hoping that I don't hear something bad.

"Liz, are you alright?" Rick asks in concern and she shakes her head, I think my heart is gonna sink anytime now.

What if something's wrong with the baby?

"No I'm not and I need your help" she says "I'm not pregnant Rick, I never was.....  I only lied so that Sam would pay attention to me. I lied because I wanted to cause trouble in Sam and Ana's little paradise" she admits and I watch Rick's eyes go wide in shock but instead of going and lashing out at her, I stay frozen on my spot.

"I..... I never thought about it in the long run, I wasn't thinking properly when I lied" she says and I finally come out from behind the shelf.

"So it was all a fucking lie?" I say out loud, she turns to look at me and the color from her face drains out, I can see the fear in her eyes now.

"You...... you fucking lied to me" I can barely control myself and my anger right now, if she weren't a girl I would've done so much damage to her.

"From now on..... stay away from me and our group...... you're fucking dead to me!" I spit out pointing my finger at her.