Chapter 6

Ana

"My place tonight?" Sam asks and I shake my head no "Why?" He asks again "I don't know..... I'm not feeling good, major headache" I lie resting my head in my hand.

"Want me to come over at yours?" He asks placing his hand on my thigh tracing circles "It's okay really, I'll just head back home after this class and try to get some sleep" I tell him hoping he agrees because I'm in no mood to spend time with Sam and his perverted thoughts.

"If you say so but if you feel like it just remember I'm one call away" he says giving me a wink and I nod saying "I know that" we only got back together yesterday and he's acting like nothing ever happened between us.

"Yo Rick, Ana is back in our group" Will says out loud entering the class with Rick and Blake behind him, Rick's eyes immediately find mine and I look away "She came back because she couldn't tolerate the people sitting in the front" Rick says eyeing Blake but Blake seems unaffected by his words "Trust me Rick it isn't the people in the front it's people like you who I can't tolerate" I say a little too harshly and he looks at me with amusement in his eyes but recovers quickly.

"You've got one hell of a girlfriend Sam" Rick says taking his usual seat behind me and I just roll my eyes "Someone's jealous I think" Sam smirks at his friend and puts his hand over mine, giving it a gentle squeeze.

Will is still talking to his cousin in the front of the class in a hushed tone, what are they talking about though? After Blake takes his seat in the front Will walks towards his usual seat beside Sam.... it's weird though, not once has Blake looked in my direction, it's like as if he's avoiding me or something, but the thing is why do I care? I shouldn't care, I don't care.

As the class begins my mind drifts off and I find myself thinking about what happened between me and Blake yesterday.

I'm not someone who usually cries but I couldn't help it yesterday, Sam's behaviour had really saddened and hurt me to the point where I kinda lost it, I just lost it and broke down infront of Blake, he wrapped his arms around me in a way Sam never would, he made sure I was okay but the way I treated him for the sake of my damned reputation was bad yet necessary for me at the same time, if people found out I cried or hung out with him it wouldn't do me good.

I still remember how he stood there waiting for me to say something, the confusion was so clear in his bright blue eyes, I don't know what was it that happened in that moment but I felt a little guilty afterwards, I felt bad and I still do, he's been so nice and understanding to me since the day we first met in Will's party and all I've done is be rude.

After the class finishes I head towards the girl's washroom before heading back home "Ouch!" I exclaim as I bump into someone, my backpack drops on the floor and I groan before bending down to pick it up without bothering myself to look at the person standing in front of me "Watch where you're going dude" I say harshly.

"I'm so sorry Ana, are you alright?" Blake? I look up to see if it really is Blake or not "Blake?" I ask in amusement "Ummn yea" he says a bit nervously, I stand up straight and adjust the strap of my backpack on my shoulder "I'm okay" I say looking straight into his eyes but he looks away "Okay" he says back and starts walking away "Wait" I shout and he turns around "Yes?" He asks and I walk up to him "Why are you avoiding me?" I ask out of nowhere surprising myself as well.

"What?" He seems surprised "I.... nevermind" I say waving my hand and start walking away from him but he grabs my wrist "I'm not avoiding you Ana" he says and I turn around to face him "Seems like it" the words sound pathetic coming out of my mouth but I can't help it, what is wrong with me?

"For avoiding someone you need to know that person and I don't think I know you" he states "You don't?" I ask raising my brow "No, I'm not someone you'd like to be seen with, you made that pretty clear yesterday...... you've got a reputation after all" he shrugs and I look down, he's right, he's absolutely right, I'm the one to blame here not him.

"What the hell are you doing with my girlfriend?!" I hear Sam yell and snatch my wrist away from Blake's grip, when did he get here? Was I so lost with Blake that I didn't notice Sam coming here?

"I.... we... we were just" Blake stammers, Sam's face has gone red and he's breathing heavily, uh-oh he's very angry "Sam leave him alone, we were just talking" I say and he looks in  my direction with anger boiling inside of him "You two sure do a lot of talking" he says fixing his gaze on Blake once again, Blake seems a little scared and I do a silent prayer hoping things don't go out of control here, I know Sam and I know how angry he can get at times, I don't want him to take out his anger on Blake, he has done nothing.

"Stop it Sam" I say through my teeth and he glares at me "Okay I'll stop" he says and let's go of my hand, his fist rises up in the air and lands on Blake's jaw, Blake stumbles back a little but doesn't loose his balance and stays on his feet.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I exclaim and Sam simply shrugs "That felt good" he says glaring at Blake "He'll remember not to fuck around with someone else's girlfriend now" I can see Blake has balled his fists on his sides, his breathing has changed and he's looking down at his feet trying to control himself and his anger.

"Let's go Ana" Sam says harshly eyeing Blake and I resist the urge to punch him in the face "I'm not going anywhere with you!" I exclaim and he looks at me in surprise "Go away Sam" I say and he sighs before walking away.

I can't believe he walked away that easily, I expected him to fight me or drag me with him.