Chapter 17

Ana

"It's none of your business Sam, just get out of my apartment" I say feeling extremely angry towards him.

"It is my fucking business Ana, I won't let this nerd ruin our relationship" he says trying to control his anger.

"Relationship" I scoff "He isn't ruining anything for us because like I told you earlier today and I'm telling you again now.... we're done, we're fucking done" I say angrily and he glares at me ready to say something brutal.

I hold up my hand gesturing that I'm not finished yet "You and your fucking obsession with Lizzie is the reason I am breaking up with you..... I saw how you were holding her and whispering God knows what in her ear, I saw you making her smile, I saw you being so gentle with her while I was just sitting there staring at the two of you like a fool" the words tumble out of my mouth with my voice breaking at the end, I can feel those tears coming back.

"Do you fucking know how it feels to watch your boyfriend be so affectionate towards someone else? You tried to force yourself on me just this morning Sam, you've hurt me so many times and I don't have it in me anymore to keep forgiving you" I say falling on my knees in front of him with my head bowed down.

My vision gets blurry and I bury my face in my hands after letting my tears fall freely, I know I shouldn't be crying, I don't want to be seen as a weak person in front of him but I've had enough, I want to end this endless cycle of pain, hurt and betrayal.

I feel someone wrap their arms around me and I try to fight them off, looking up I find Sam beside me trying to take me in his arms, I push him away and stand up clumsily "Stay away from me Sam" I shout and he stands up swiftly.

"Ana you have to listen to me, please" he begs and I nod to which his expression changes into one of surprise and a little happiness "Go on Sam, tell me what you have in your mind because this is the last time I'll be listening to you and your lies" I say sniffling and his face falls.

He closes his eyes for a moment before opening them again, exhaling loudly he says "Lizzie is pregnant and I'm the father of her unborn child" I blink a few times just to make sure I'm not dreaming.

I'm speechless, I knew he had cheated on me several times but I didn't know that his confirmation would hit me so hard and above all that he's going to be a father, he's expecting his child with a woman I despise.

"Well there's no room left for any kinda argument now" I saw shrugging "Go and be happy with her, I wish you nothing but good fortune" I say dryly looking him straight in the eye.

"Wait listen" he says stepping towards me but I hold up my hand in an attempt to stop him "Ana I still want you and only you, yea I messed around with her once and now she's pregnant with my child but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave you and be with her" he says in a soft voice but I just laugh at him, he's such a jerk.

"Just listen to how pathetic you sound Sam, you think you can mess around with others and get them pregnant while being in a relationship with me and I'll be fucking fine with it?" I say "Yes" he replies coolly and I get the sudden urge to break his fucking nose, the audacity he has.

"You cheated on me Sam, that was wrong, so wrong..... and if I let you walk away from Lizzie it'll be so wrong, you're the father of her child and you need to be with her, keep her safe and happy...... and forget me..... forever, I cannot be with you after everything you've done" I say calmly.

"God Ana why are you being so difficult? That emergency meeting at my place was for this only, I wanted to tell you then and there but you just got angry after finding Lizzie in my apartment and went off, Lizzie and I will raise the child together, I'll fucking be there for her but as a friend and she has agreed to it, this morning when you saw me whispering in her ear..... I was just suggesting baby names to her because I'm actually excited to become a father" he says getting breathless at the end and I shrug because none of this matters.

"Sam I'm not known for being a nice person but I can't be this cruel to anyone, not even Lizzie..... I can't come in between the two of you at a time when she'll need you the most, I don't want to be any kinda distraction or obstacle between the two of you, and besides I can't be with a cheater anymore" I let the words fall from my lips and wait for Sam to leave, leave me alone because I can't take it anymore, I may act like I don't care at the moment but in reality my heart's been shattered into a million pieces.

"Ana I cannot be with Lizzie, I can't, I don't feel the same for her as I do for you, please try to understand" he begs.

"You should've thought that while you were cheating on me with her because clearly I wasn't enough for you" I tell him and see his eyes get glossy.

"You were more than enough for me and I'm sorry that I fucked up" he apologizes running his hand through his hair in frustration "But I'll get you back in my life...... one way or a another" he continues in a tone that seems somewhat threatening .

I don't say anything and just wait for him to go away, he turns towards Blake and my blood runs cold for moment, what if he tries to hurt him.

"Stay away from my girlfriend fucker" he says to him before storming out of my apartment.