Chapter 11

Ana

"I need a break, you need one too" Sam says nonchalantly while driving us both to college "What?" I ask in confusion "You heard me, let's escape for the weekend" he declares giving me a sideways glance while driving.

I immediately wanted to say no but maybe he's right, maybe spending some time away from campus would be beneficial for me "Ummn.... I don't know let me think about it" I say and he rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything, we drive in complete silence and my mind comes up with a million conclusions as to why Sam is being so damn nice to me, this is not him.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't run into Blake today for which I'm quite thankful, maybe he skipped classes today or maybe he's trying to avoid me.

Stop thinking about him you've got a boyfriend

Even when he's not around my mind just can't stop thinking about him, why does he affect me so much?

"That's all for today students,, I'm hoping to see all your beautiful poetries in the next class" the professor says and dismisses us, what?

Just when I was about to stand up from my seat to leave I see a familiar face smiling at me, I mentally roll my eyes at him and adjust my backpack trying to ignore him, I'm in no mood to talk with anyone "Hey" he greets with a sheepish smile "What do you want?" I ask rolling my eyes which makes his smile falter a little.

Sam's attention diverts towards us "What is this nerd doing here?" Sam asks in a mocking tone trying to make fun of Ethan "Yea what are you doing here Einstein?" Rick asks laughing at him and Ethan backs away a little, the look of insecurity was evident on his face.

"I- I came here to- to talk with her" he stammers pointing at me "Just because she sat with you a couple of times doesn't make you her friend, stay away from my girlfriend bookworm" Sam threatens him and Rick starts chuckling.

"Stop it Sam, he said he just wanted to talk don't make a big deal out of it" I say feeling bad for Ethan, I'm not one of the politest girl around, hell I'm far from polite but behaving with someone like this is not right.

Sam's expression changes and he glares at me "Since when-" he was about to make some sick comment about me because I defended Ethan but Rick cuts him off  "Dude it's alright let her talk with him" he says looking Sam in the eye with an expression that seemed like he's trying to make Sam understand something.

"I don't need his permission to talk with anyone" I state and turn to Ethan crossing my hands over my chest waiting for him to talk about whatever the hell he wants to talk about.

"So?" I ask raising my brow "What do you want to talk about?" I question "It's about the assignment professor James gave us, it's due next class and we haven't even started it" he says and my mind goes back to the day that professor James gave us that assignment in which we have to write some shit about love or something.

Wait a second, if I remember correctly Blake is partnered with me and Ethan and oh god I don't wanna get stuck with that guy.

"Oh damn" I say groaning in frustration "Can't you write it on your own? I mean you're smart and all and I'd be of no use to you guys" I say and Ethan shakes his head slightly "I'm sorry but that's not how group projects work, you'll have to contribute something to it" he states with a little confidence.

"Fine..... give me your phone" I say extending my hand in front of him, he slowly fishes out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans and unlocks it before giving it to me, I quickly dial my number and save it on his phone by the name 'Ana' and give it back to him "Call or text me in the afternoon, we'll discuss about it then" I say and he nods saying "Okay" before going away.

"Care to explain what was that? You gave him your damn phone number" Sam says sharply "Stop being so nosy Sam, it's just an assignment which I need to work on" I say.

"I am your boyfriend and I think I can worry about you giving away your cellphone number to strangers and weirdos" he fires and I laugh dryly "Wow Sam I knew it..... I knew you behaving nice to me was temporary because this...." I say pointing at him "Is the real you, you always shout and yell at me, always" I say and he seems a little taken aback by my words.

I pick my bag and walk away from the scene before Sam does something stupid to humiliate me, he's an angry guy but he's all I have.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take a deep breath and knock on what is supposed to be Ethan's apartment door, I used to think a guy like him would be sharing a dorm room with another nerd but this building is really nice and lavish and it just screams money.

I knock again and stand there like a fool waiting for Ethan to open the damn door, if he doesn't open this time I'm out of here, I don't care about an assignment in which we're supposed to write poetry, it sounds pretty stupid, I don't know why that professor even gave us a task like this, we're not in high school anymore.

The door knob twists and Ethan opens the door for me..... wait he's not Ethan. "What are you doing here?" I ask in surprise "In case you've forgotten, you, me and Ethan are supposed to complete the assignment together" he says like it's no big deal and I just roll my eyes before saying "I thought I'd be doing my part of the assignment alone with him because I'm in no mood to stay in the same room as you"

"Tell that to Ethan, not me" he says and opens the door further indicating me to come inside, with a final sigh I enter Ethan's apartment hoping everything goes okay.