Chapter 23

Ana

"I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be" I admit to Blake as we walk out of class together.

My first day back at college so far has gone pretty well mainly because I didn't run into Sam or Lizzie.

"I told you it isn't as hard as you were making it out to be" Blake tells me as we walk through the crowd.

"Mainly because I was lucky not to run into Sam or Lizzie" I point out "But that's something I wouldn't want to discuss" I laugh it off and see something flash across Blake's face..... concern maybe?

"When is your next class?" I ask trying to change the subject "In about fifteen minutes" he replies looking at his watch.

"I think I'll just go back to my apartment then" I say and Blake looks at me in confusion.

"Don't you have anymore classes to attend?" he asks and I nod my head "I do but I don't feel like attending them, not today atleast" I reply.

"Okay, do you want me to drop you off at your apartment?" he asks and for once I'm thankful that he didn't press for answers as to why I don't want to attend the rest of my classes.

"Oh no no, it's fine..... It's a lovely day I'd love to take a walk before going back to my apartment" I say hoping he doesn't decide on going with me because I really need some alone time and I don't want to be the reason behind him not attending his classes.

"Are you sure?" he asks and I nod, I know he hates missing classes and I won't give him a reason to.

"Now go or else you'll get late for your class" I say giving him a slight push and he just smiles at me showing off his perfect white teeth.

We say our goodbyes and go our separate ways. I breathe in the fresh air and start walking towards my apartment, I know it'll probably take me twenty to twenty-five minutes to get there but I really need some fresh air after spending all those weeks locked up in that apartment.

I plug in my earphones and start my journey but it doesn't take long for me to bump into the someone, I was so lost I didn't even notice Sam coming my way.

My throat goes dry and I struggle to speak so I just stare at him, he breaks the silence first "Ana I'm so glad I found you" he says sighing as if he was happy to see me here, I know it's one of his sick plans to get me back but I'm not gonna buy his shit.

"Ana..... I need to tell you something" he says and this time I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes "How many more times are you going to use that dialogue on me Sam? It's over and I've moved on" I say without giving it much thought and see Sam's gaze turn slightly angry.

"So you're with that nerd now?" he asks a little angrily, it's almost like he's trying to control himself from lashing out at me and I have to admit being alone with him is kinda scary, you never know what he can do when anger takes over him and I regret saying what I just said to him, it's a lie anyways.

"No" I say sternly trying to come off strong infront of him and this time he rolls his eyes at me.

"Oh come on Ana, you've been after that dude since he stepped foot in this town and now that you've finally dumped me you've got him wrapped around your little finger" he says, his words sound like venom and I stand there confused, shocked and amused at him, he will never change.

"Excuse me? I wasn't the one sleeping around with others and cheating on their partner, it was you Sam and you know very well why I left you. You are a fucking liar and a cheater who doesn't have any right to tell others what they should do" I say pointing my finger at him and see his face soften almost immediately which I have to say was really confusing to me.

"Lizzie isn't pregnant, she lied to me" he says looking at me expectantly with his beautiful blue eyes while I try to digest the words that came out of his mouth just now.

"Why?" I ask and he shakes his head before speaking "I don't know, she's always been jealous of you and our relationship..... she wanted to come in between you and me : which she did" he says and it all just clicks in, that girl has always wanted to come in between our relationship so it isn't that big of a surprise to me but I had no idea she'd stoop so low for this.

"So?" he finally asks when I don't say anything for a long time "Can we-" I stop him right there because I know what he was going to say.

"No we can't, it still doesn't change the fact that you cheated on me multiple times, and it was toxic ; whatever we had between us is over now" I say with my new found courage.

"Toxic? we were together for two years Ana, we were always there for each other" he says trying to reason with me.

"I was always there for you but you weren't, you just used me as some show piece meant for show off" I fire back and wait for his reply knowing he's gonna say something harsh.

"Please.... I need you" he says almost begging taking me by surprise.

"I know I've made horrible mistakes, I never treated you right but I have realized now that you are what I need..... I need you Ana" he says and I just stare at him surprised to see him lying yet again.

"How many more times are you going to lie Sam? I'm done with you and your lies" I say and start walking away from him, praying that he doesn't follow me.