Chapter 12

Ana

"Where is Ethan?" I ask taking a seat on a chair next to the study table.

"I don't know he must be on his way" Blake answers with a little shrug "Where'd he go?" I ask and Blake sighs "How would I know that, I don't live with him and he texted me that he'd be here in a few minutes" he answers and I shut my mouth before saying "oh" he's developed quite an attitude in the last few days I must say.

I try to pass my time with my phone but it just doesn't work, something is bothering me, no..... actually someone is bothering me and right now I can't do anything about it.

I don't know how a guy can manage to look this good by wearing those damn khaki pants but Blake just seems to pull it off, his bronze hair, blue eyes and muscular body are a treat for anyone's eyes.

Stop thinking about him like that

"Ana I wanted to say sorry for what happened the other day, I never meant it like that, I swear" he says out of the blue "I don't want you to think that our kiss didn't mean anything" he continues.

"What?" I ask in confusion, as far as I know he kissed me because he wanted revenge, he wanted to humiliate me so he teamed up with Lizzie for that "I didn't kiss you because I wanted to take some sort of revenge, I kissed you because....." he doesn't complete his sentence and stays silent "Because of what? Why did you kiss me if not for revenge?" I press and he exhales loudly.

"I don't know..... I don't know why I kissed you but it wasn't what you think it was" he says, more like pleads "You can't just kiss someone not knowing why you're kissing them..... don't play these games with me Blake, I swear if you and Lizzie are planning something against me then-" he cuts me "I'm not planning anything against you Ana trust me" he says raising his voice a little "You wanna know the real reason why I kissed you?" He asks and I give him a slight nod.

He comes over to where I'm seated on the chair and motions me to stand up, I stand up and look at him, his eyes appear darker than usual and he looks damn serious right now.

My heart is beating so fast I don't think I can tame it, being this close to him makes me nervous yet excited and vulnerable at the same time.

He darts out his tongue to lick his lips and I bite down on my own trying to stay as calm as possible, he crashes his lips on mine without any sort of warning and a small gasp escapes from my mouth, this was kinda unexpected.

Just when I got out from my shocked state and started savoring the kiss he pulled back breaking the kiss which I must say disappointed me a little.

"This..... this is the reason I kissed you the other day because I can't seem to have control on my emotions when I'm around you, I don't know what it is that you do to me but since the first day you kissed me in that party..... I knew there was something special about it, there was and is something special about the way we kiss, about the way you make me feel" he explains leaving me stunned and shocked by his words.

But there's no denying the fact that we indeed share something special, kissing him makes butterflies flutter in my stomach, being close to him makes me nervous as hell, a simple touch of his sets my whole body on fire, I have never felt this way, not even for Sam.

"Do you like me?" I ask distancing myself from him a little, I have a boyfriend and I need to remember that.

"Does it matter? You're already in a relationship" he says a little nervously and I look down at my feet to avoid eye contact, this is so awkward and confusing, it's not easy to make me speechless but somehow he does just that.

I'm at a loss of words, I don't know what to do or say, I'm in a relationship with Sam and it wouldn't be right of me to think this way about Blake because I know deep inside my heart that this boy affects me more than he should.

"Can we be friends?" I ask in a small voice still looking down at my feet because I don't have enough courage to look him in the eye and say this, I know he likes me, I can tell he does but I can't like him back, if Sam finds out about this he'll make Blake's life a living hell and Blake's too sweet of a guy who doesn't deserve someone like Sam's wrath.

When he doesn't reply I slowly look up to see him still staring at me, I sigh heavily "Blake, I think you're the only guy who's seen past my hard demeanour...... you've always been nice to me and you're right, it doesn't matter if you like me or not because I'm already in a relationship, a real fucked up relationship and I don't want Sam to harm you, I won't deny the fact that the both of us indeed share some sort of special bond or something but I can't risk it, I don't want Sam to harm you in anyway and I also don't wanna end something that could turn into a beautiful friendship because you're the only one who likes me for me and not my face.... or my ass" I say chuckling a little at the end.

It's as if his gaze can burn a hole in my brain, it's that intense and his breathtakingly beautiful blue eyes are enough to hypnotize anyone.

"Okay" he says, disappointment's clear on his face but I can see he's trying his best to hide it "Let's be friends Anastasia" he uses my full name making a small chuckle escape my mouth.

"Sure Blakey" I say and he cringes a bit showing his dislike for the nickname I've just now given him "Stop calling me Anastasia and I'll stop calling you Blakey..... Blakey" I say and he rolls his eyes making me laugh a little.

I hope this ends well.