Chapter 8

Ana

Annoyed and confused by Sam and his behaviour I yet again decide to avoid him only to end up sitting next to Blake in the front which is even more awkward, I try to focus on what our professor is explaining to us but my mind is caught up in something else, I just keep staring at the big board infront of me instead of paying attention to the class because Sam and Blake are currently occupying my mind, I can't seem to stop thinking about what Sam said and why he said it.

Am I really getting close to Blake?

I almost laugh at my own stupid thoughts, how can I get close to Blake when he doesn't even want to talk to me, I'm being naive here.

"You three can form a group and work on the poem" the professor says pointing towards me, Blake and Ethan "What?" I ask in confusion "You three can work together on the poem" he clarifies and I resist the urge to roll my eyes at him "What poem?" I ask still confused as hell, I hear a few chuckles in the class before our professor silences them.

"You three will have to write a poem of four stanzas inspired by nature and the warmth and love it spreads" he explains "What?" I gape at him "There are enough poems about nature, I don't think we need to do this" I say in disbelief, he has got to be kidding me, I cannot get stuck with Blake and Ethan on writing a damn poem, this is bullshit.

"Ms. Smith I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself since this is my class and I'll teach the way I want to" the professor whose name I don't remember says sternly, I simply nod, there's nothing I can do here, I'm stuck.

As soon as the bell rings indicating that it's the end of this dreadful class I spring out of my seat and head out of the classroom as fast as possible, I need some fresh air, sitting there with Blake beside me for the entire class was really distracting, I kept glancing over at him while he completely ignored me and my presence, I don't know how he has that kind of effect on me but my mind is always cloudy when I'm around him, I just can't seem to think straight with him anywhere near me.

"Ana wait" I hear someone shout, without turning to look at the person's face I know it's Will, I turn around and he walks up to me "Hey" he greets with a sheepish smile "Hey" I reply and cross my arms over my chest waiting for him to continue.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his eyes showing signs of worry "Uhm.... yea, what would happen to me?" I ask back and he shakes his head a little "I thought you and Sam-" I cut him off "We haven't broken up, not yet atleast but if he keeps acting like an idiot I'm sure we wouldn't last long" I clarify to which he nods.

"Ana I don't want you to think I'm just Sam's friend or that I'm here for Sam only, you are my friend as well and you can talk to me if you want to" he says calmly leaving me kinda dumbfounded, who would've thought Will can be like this.

"Ah well...... umm... yea sure" I reply "What?" Will asks in confusion and I mentally face palm myself, I'm not good at situations like this, I'm not really interested in having a fucking heart to heart with anybody anytime soon.

Way to go Ana

"I gotta go, bye" I say with a little wave of my hand and he nods "Bye" I turn around and start walking before he or anyone else stops me again, this day has proven to be a disaster, an awkward disaster.

I make my way to my next class which is history and thank god Sam isn't in it, I sit at my usual seat and my eyes land on Lizzie who I've been trying to avoid since that dreadful party.

Her eyes land on mine and I quickly look away and stare at the board in front of me but a particular voice coming from Lizzie's side catches my attention and I turn to see the two of them laughing and talking with each other, I don't know why but my mood shifts and gets even worse to what it was a few minutes ago.

I stare at them a little too long and he catches me but I don't look away neither does he, it's like we're in a staring competition with neither of us wanting to lose it.

Lizzie seems to have noticed that his attention has diverted now so she looks at the direction he's staring at and sees me, I look away immediately feeling extremely awkward and kinda embarrassed.

She puts her hand on his arm "I know she's beautiful and all but you don't wanna go near that slut" she says loud enough for me to hear.

What the fuck?!

I wanna say something, I wanna fire back at her, my blood is boiling with anger but when I see him giving a slight nod to her my anger gets replaced with a feeling I can't really comprehend, she beams with happiness at him as if she's just won a gold medal in the olympics and starts talking to him.

I could have said something to her, in fact there are loads of things I could say to her but my mind has gone blank, I can't think of anything or anyone else except him and how he nodded agreeing to her, I don't know why but for some reason it kinda hurts.

I get up from my seat keeping my face as neutral as possible and sling my backpack on my shoulder, it's a good thing the teacher isn't here yet, making it easier for me to leave this damned classroom.

I need to get out of here, I need to get away from Blake.