Chapter 18

Sam

I couldn't get her out of my mind, I couldn't stop picturing her crying in front of me, looking so weak and helpless, I've never seen her like that..... she looked so lost and far, far away from me and it's all my fault, it's all my doing.

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I lean back closing my eyes for a moment trying to relax myself and think, think of a way to get her back in my life, I can't let that nerd or Adam make a move on her, no I can't let that happen.

My phone buzzes on the coffee table and I pick it up to see I've received a message from Lizzie 'I'm coming over' it read and I instantly wanted to text her back and stop her from coming here, I'm not in the mood to handle her and her tantrums but Ana's words kinda echo in my head as soon as I start typing on my phone.

You're the father of her child and you need to keep her safe and happy

Damn her and her voice, I put my phone down and wait for Lizzie, I can't believe Ana was being supportive of her despite the hatred she has towards her, she wants me to be with Lizzie and support her, she thinks she'll be an obstacle between me and Lizzie but it's the opposite actually.

I never wanted or even thought about having a child in the near future but now that I know I am to become a father I can't stop thinking about it and I actually want it, I want my baby to come in this world, no matter how big of a fuck up I am I'll always try my best to be the best for my baby.

The only problem is Lizzie, sure we messed around but I don't have any kinda feelings towards, not romantically at least and I so wish the mother of my child was Ana instead of her, Ana would freak out if I ever got her pregnant.

I smile to myself thinking what Ana would've done if she were in place of Lizzie, she's such a mystery.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake

"Are you alright?" I ask her as soon as his monster of a boyfriend leaves her apartment, she just nods bowing her head down in defeat, I walk over to where she's standing and place my thumb under her chin making her look up at me.

The sight infront of me breaks my heart, I've never seen her look like this...... so defeated, so heartbroken, so vulnerable, her emerald eyes are slightly swollen and red from crying and her cheeks are stained with tears.

She looks at me in a way I can't quite decipher, is she seeking solace in me? should I try to console her?

"Are you alright?" I ask cautiously "Do I look alright?" she asks back and turns her face away from me, I'm such an idiot, of course she isn't alright, it's pretty obvious from the events that took place here a few minutes ago.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like-" she doesn't let me finish and speaks up "Blake I'm sorry that you had to witness all this and I'm sorry that Sam threatened you..... again, but maybe you should go, I'm not in the mood for anyone's company" she says distancing herself from me.

I sigh heavily and take a deep breath, for a moment I considered leaving her in her apartment alone, she needs her privacy but one look at her face was enough to make me understand that she needs someone, anyone by her side, she needs someone to comfort her and tell her that everything will be alright, the brave fearless girl that I know was nowhere to be seen at this particular moment.

With two long strides I am again infront of her, without giving her so much as a warning I wrap my arms around her, she gets startled at first but recovers quite quickly and wraps her own arms around my waist, I inhale the sweet smell of her hair, wrapping her tightly in my arms I whisper soothing words in her ear as she starts shaking in my arms, I don't know what it is about her but I hate to see her cry.

"It'll be alright Ana, trust me, what you did today was so brave" I say rubbing her back as she breaks away from my embrace "No it wasn't brave, it was just something..... I don't know it was-" I cut her off by placing my index finger on her lips.

"Shhh you're a brave girl Ana and you should know that" I say with my finger still on her lips which are a great distraction, I still remember how good it felt kissing them, I stare at her lips a little too long and she clears her throat and I remove my finger.

"Thank you" she says "Why?" I ask smirking and her lips quirk up to form a beautiful smile "For today" she replies and touches my hair "You need a haircut, you'll look good in short hair" she says out loud and quickly removes her hand "Sorry" she apologizes embarrassed by herself, I can see her cheeks turning red and I find it extremely adorable.

"Well now that you've told me to get one I'll definitely consider it" I say and she buries her face in her hands "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say it out loud" she says in a muffled tone and I chuckle at her behavior.

"Hey it's alright" I say removing her hands from her face and the small smile on her face warms my heart instantly, our eyes lock and we stare at each other for what feels like an eternity.

Closing the gap between us I cup her face with my hands and place a kiss on her forehead, I let my lips linger there for a few moments enjoying the tingling sensation.

She's special.