Chapter 30

Blake

"Do you want to explain something to me?" Kate asked crossing her arms over her chest and I sighed contemplating in my mind whether I should make up something or just tell her the truth.

"I need to go to the library to return some books... will see you both later" Ethan said walking away in a hurry and Kate just nodded at him. Damn him! What kind of a friend is he? A bad one I guess.

"So?" Kate pressed, looking at me suspiciously and I took a deep breath before deciding to open my mouth and tell her the truth.

                      -------------

"You're the worst friend ever" I said as I entered a small cafe with Ethan to get our daily dose of caffeine before class started.

"Really? I thought you have that title" he said with a shrug and I looked at him in confusion "What do you mean?.

"You know what I mean... the way you acted with Ana-" I cut him off mid sentence showing him my palm as we stood in the long queue to get coffee.

"Please don't talk about how I should act around her, she deserved that" I said sternly and Ethan rolled his eyes at me.

"Listen to yourself Blake... she told you she likes you but she also told you that she isn't ready for you, you knew she still wasn't over Sam yet, but you're acting like she is your girlfriend who cheated on you" he said thoughtfully but it angered me.

"How can you defend her? In case you don't remember she broke up with her shit of a boyfriend because he was toxic for her, she herself said so, she told me she will never go back to him and that she just needs time to process everything that's happened" I said pausing for a moment.

"She led me on Ethan... she gave me false hope" I said with disappointment laced in my voice and Ethan looked at me like I'm a lunatic who has lost his mind but before he could say anything our turn came and we went on to order coffee.

Ethan decided to drop the 'Ana' topic for now but his words from earlier were still ringing in my ears and I was starting to feel bad for my behavior towards Ana yesterday.

I just shrugged off the feeling and decided to get on with my day, I don't care about that girl anymore... she was never my type and I wasn't hers.

The day went about quite well, I didn't see Ana or Sam during class, Ethan was kind of giving me the cold shoulder but I had Kate. She and I decided to go out for dinner tonight, we invited Ethan but he declined saying he has to study.

I honestly don't know why he's acting like this, it's as if he has forgotten how rude Ana used to be towards him and most importantly he's forgotten who his real friend is ; it's me, it's Kate, not Ana or Sam, but if he wants to act this way then fine, I don't care.

                      --------------

"Wow Blake this place is quite fancy" Kate gushed and I just smiled at her while we waited for the food that we've ordered to arrive.

She fumbled with the bracelet she was wearing before looking up at me, I can tell she wanted to say something but was hesitant about it.

"Do you want to say something?" I asked and she nodded meekly "I wanted to talk about what you told me yesterday... you know I've thought a lot about what you said and..." she stopped and looked at me nervously for my approval to which I gave a slight nod.

Keeping her hands on the table, she started fidgeting with her fingers before opening her mouth "Blake don't get me wrong but I think Ana was just using you, she was going through a rough patch with her boyfriend and she didn't have anyone she can rely on but then you came along... you were and still are too good for someone like her, you deserve better Blake" she said and I don't know why but for some reason I felt anger course through my veins.

"You don't even know her" I said in a neutral tone and she sighed "But you did tell me everything that happened between the two of you and from what I've heard about her it seems like she was just using you and nothing else.

"Okay... what do you suggest then? What should I do now?" I asked in irritation and she gave me a small smile before replying to my answer.

"Forget her... find someone who actually cares about you and wants to be with you" she said and I shook my head.

"Yes, I'm trying to forget her but I'm not interested in finding someone for myself" I stated and Kate's face fell... weird.

"Why not?" she asked and I just shrugged "Blake you can't act like this" she complained.

"Why not?" I asked back looking at her and she opened her mouth to say something but then closed it.

"I'm still waiting for your answer" I said raising my eyebrow at her "And there are people waiting for you" she blurted out and I just looked at her in confusion.

"Don't act like this Blake, you know I know I have feelings for you" she finally said and my eyes widened in surprise.

"What?" I asked in shock "But I... but you-" I was trying to say something but she cut me off.

She laughed bitterly and looked at everyone and everything except me "You can stop acting now, you don't have to act... I get it, you're not interested in me" she said and I looked at her without uttering a single word, I was in shock, I had no idea she likes me.

"I don't feel well... I'm going" Kate said and stood up abruptly to leave while I was still rooted in my place, my brain was still processing what she just said to me and I was kind of regretting telling her everything about me and Ana yesterday.

Fuck!