Chapter Fifty-Three: Phone Taken Away

"Does anyone have any questions about the unit three test on Friday?" Coach Mendez asked his class, looking around the room for any hands. No one seemed to be concerned about the upcoming test. He asked again just for clarification. "Are you sure? Like I mentioned before... this is the hardest test of the year. I want to make sure everyone is prepared."

Cassie, who was completely zoned out, felt her phone buzz on her lap. She immediately woke up from her daydream, slyly turning on her phone to check her notifications. It was a text from Lex.

Her jaw dropped when reading the text message

Her jaw dropped when reading the text message. She almost couldn't believe Lex had the audacity to send her that. What was she thinking? Who normal would ever send something like that? She guessed Brittany was right—Lex was a crazy bitch. She wondered if she was like that around Toby since he didn't seem to take any bullshit.

Just reading Lex's text made her furious. Her passive aggressive tone made her blood boil. She was really asking for something, wasn't she? She really wanted to start drama over nothing? Lex should have known that she was messing with the wrong girl. Cassie assumed that Lex thought she would be threatened by her message but instead, she was angered.

She looked up at her father, who was answering a question from one of her classmates. She figured now was a good time to respond to Lex and give her a taste of her own medicine while her father didn't see her on her phone.

Under her desk, she punched the keys aggressively as she wrote up a sassy text in response.

She laughed to herself over how simple yet sassy her response was. She knew it was better to be the bigger person when getting into situations with girls who got jealous over nothing. She wasn't going to be immature and start even more drama. She was going to leave it at just that—short and sweet with a drop of 'don't ever text me again.'

"Cassie," her dad spoke, standing over her desk with an eyebrow raised. She looked up at him with fear in her eyes. "You don't think I can see you texting from under your desk?"

Her complexion turned pale. She was humiliated even though she knew she got herself into this situation. "I'm sorry!"

"You know the phone policy for this class," her father said, sounding more like her history teacher than her father. "You either read the text messages to the class or I take your phone away for the entire day."