Chapter Fifteen: The Bitch Is Back

Juliana stepped out of Nathan's car, swinging her book bag around her shoulders before closing the door behind her. She darted away from her brother before his senior friends would come and harass her.

She put her earbuds in, minding her own business as she made her way towards the entrance of the school. She prepared herself for yet another long day. School was always mentally draining.

Her music was blasting when she felt someone practically strangle her. She stopped walking as she turned to look at Cassie, who had a look of fear in her eyes. What was her problem?

Juliana paused her music, sending her friend an icy glare. She was waiting for Cassie to explain herself. She almost gave her a heart attack!

Well, now she was for sure awake that morning.

Cassie made two circles with her fingers before putting them up to her eyes, pretending they were binoculars. "I spy with my little eye..." she started, killing Juliana with suspense. "Brittany and Parker kissing."

"What?" She exclaimed, her eyes darting everywhere until she saw them. However, when her eyes landed on them, they weren't kissing. They were just talking. "Cassie, what the hell? They're talking."

"They were just kissing!" She barked, clenching her fists in anger. "Wait for it..."

Juliana watched as Brittany stood on her tiptoes, cupping Parker's face as she kissed him gently. Her jaw dropped. At school? She remembered what Brittany said at her locker last Monday—that she didn't want Parker back and the bet was no longer. Cassie told Juliana she was going to have her 'snake in the grass moment' and well, here it was.

This always happened with Brittany. She disguised herself as someone who was thoughtful, caring, and nice as she waited for the perfect moment to bite, as known as her snake in the grass moment.

Cassie continued to use her fake binoculars that she made with her hands to scope the scene. "Oh, there's Jordan getting out of his car. He sees them. Ha!" Her fake binoculars followed his every move. "There he goes! Will he fight her? Will he fight Parker? Will all three of them fight? Will all three of them kiss?"

Juliana ignored Cassie's commentary as she sped over to Brittany and Parker. She wanted answers at that instant.

Cassie sprinted behind her, trying to catch up. Juliana had tunnel vision. She was only looking at Brittany as she clenched her fists in anger. Why was Brittany always so determined to be vengeful?

"Okay, so you can kiss other people but I can't, Brittany?" Jordan questioned as he approached them. Jake cautiously stood behind him, on high alert for any sudden moves. "You can explore feelings with other people but I can't?"

"What?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows with confusion. "What are you talking about?

Jordan tried to calm himself down. "Okay, what? You get mad when I look at Cassie!"

"Yeah, but a lot of people do," Cassie chimed in, still holding up her fake binoculars. "I spy with my little eye... Brittany and Parker? Are you two back together? Did you bang?"

Jordan ran a hand through his blond hair as he rolled his eyes at Cassie's words. "Okay, you're making this worse," he told her. "You literally have nothing to do with this. You should go."

"You just fucking mentioned me. You're the one dragging me into this," she shot, crossing her arms. "I have done nothing. This is not my fault you're upset with Brittany, you drama queen."

"She has a point," Jake told him, shrugging his shoulders. Jordan had an unpleasant look on his face when his best friend didn't side with him.

"Cassie," Juliana warned, trying to save her from starting something that wasn't going to end well.