Chapter Two: French Class

Juliana took a deep breath, putting her book bag beside the legs of her desk before fixing her chocolate brown hair. She was sweating. Alivia wanted her to ask Parker out for her by inviting him to their frozen yogurt night with their two other friends, Collin and Paisley, and now Cassie after it took an entire day to convince her to tag along.

As she was about to approach Parker, someone tall stepped in front of her. She backed away in surprise. He was taller than her, maybe by five inches, and the first thing she saw was his "West Coral Football" turquoise colored shirt. She gulped, looking up at the boy.

Jake Flemming.

"Juliana," he started, a nervous look on his face. "Can I please borrow an eraser top again?" She nodded her head, turning around to retrieve her pencil case. Handing him his fourth eraser that school week, he smiled. "Sick, it's green!"

Jordan Evans, his partner in crime and forever best friend, shadowed behind him. He ran a hand through his blond hair before looking at Juliana. He took a double take before staring into her hazel eyes. "You're Cassie's friend."

Juliana mentally prepared for the worst. Standing in front of her was the guy her friend hooked up with over the summer. Now, this would be an interesting conversation between a guy she didn't know, yet knew of very well.

She nodded her head, feeling uncomfortable that two out of five boys from The Wolf Pack were talking to her. She had never gotten this much attention from them before. She didn't know how to handle it. "Yeah, I am."

Jake turned around, hitting him in the chest, only to startle him. "Bro, tell her how much you like Cassie."

His eyes widened at what his best friend said, not happy with him. "What? How many times do I have to say it?" He then shook his head in disbelief. "God damn, Flemming! I don't like her."

Jordan Evans was a well known player at West Coral High School. Everyone knew he got around. When Cassie didn't have sex with him, he took it as a stab to his ego. He knew he was good looking and he wasn't going to let some sophomore ruin what he thought of himself.

He remembered everything about that night. How could he forget? She was his football coach's daughter and Trevor, one of his good friends, younger sister. She was one of the prettiest girls he'd ever seen. She was well known around school because of her six siblings but he knew she didn't care about popularity or what people thought of her. But most importantly, she gave him the best handjob he'd ever received.

He thought Luke Garcia was beyond lucky Cassie touched him like that last year when they were dating.

He turned to Juliana. "Don't listen to him. I'm with Brittany."

She nodded her head slowly, feeling awkward from the conversation just like she had anticipated. "As the whole school knows. Thank you for reminding me."

Jordan rolled his eyes in response to her witty comment. Jake sent him a fatherly glare, thinking that he was worked up for no reason.

Juliana knew that even if Cassie was naturally pretty, Jordan would never fall for a sophomore who wasn't at the same level as the girls he usually went for. He was way out of her league. He had popular junior and senior girls practically waiting for him to take his pants off. The only thing he wanted from Cassie was to have sex. He saw her for her body. Not just for her.