Chapter Thirty-One: Apology Not Accepted

Juliana walked into school that morning, avoiding eye contact with those who passed her in the hallway. Her eyes stayed fixed on her phone as she was tapping through Snapchat stories.

One second she was watching Cassie's story from yesterday at the country club with Luke, and then the next second her phone was thrown out of her hand all thanks to a forceful shove from someone walking past her. She ran to retrieve her phone that had soared a few feet away from her. When turning around, her eyes landed on Brittany, who let out a laugh.

"Watch where you're going," she sassed, eyeing Juliana up and down with a judgmental look in her eye as she walked over to her. Brittany still noticed the dark circles under her eyes.

"You're the one that shoved me," Juliana sassed back, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. She should have expected that Brittany was the one that shoulder shoved her. Who else would do that?

Brittany crossed her arms as an evil smile formed on her face. "You're the one that still likes my ex-boyfriend." Juliana gulped nervously. She forgot Brittany had known about her feelings for an entire year. "How are things going for you and Alivia? She didn't take the news very well at the party."

"She's been avoiding me," she told her ex-best friend, who stood in front of her wearing a trendy sundress and hair clips. "She blocked my number and I haven't seen her around school."

Brittany nodded her head, knowing that sounded about right. "Oh, well, that makes sense. Anyone would act that way after finding out that you've been lying to them for months."

Juliana started to put facts together. If Brittany had known about her feelings for an entire year, loved to see drama go down, and wanted to win the bet - then she was most definitely the one who told Alivia at the party. Not Cassie.

"Did you tell Alivia?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. She was quick to get down to the bottom of things.

"Tell her what?" Brittany questioned, crossing her arms. She wanted Juliana to say it for herself. She wanted to hear her say that she still had feelings for Parker.

She laughed nervously before answering her. "About my feelings for Parker. Did you tell her at the party?"

Brittany was more than satisfied after hearing her admit that. As always, she got what she wanted. "Obviously. It needed to be done. A secret can't stay a secret forever, you know."

Juliana's face fell. She felt terrible that she blamed Cassie for something she didn't do. It made sense in the moment to assume that she was the one who told Alivia after what she said on the boat, but the first person she should have assumed was Brittany. She was the one who was always sticking her nose into drama and stirring the pot.

She hated herself for missing Brittany's snake in the grass moment. She should have expected this.

"Why would you tell her?" Juliana shouted at her, anger in her voice. She wasn't going to let Brittany think she was getting her way this time. She was wrong for spreading her secret. "Why did you think that was okay to tell someone else about my feelings? I can do that myself, you know. And, in fact, I was going to tell her but you decided to come in and do that for me only for the sole purpose of creating drama for your own entertainment. Why do you always have to be a bitch, Brittany?"

Brittany laughed, shaking her head as she looked into Juliana's angered eyes. "Oh, right. I'm sure you were going to tell Alivia," she said sarcastically, only to make Juliana even angrier than she already was. "And, even if you were, it wouldn't have been anytime soon. I gave this whole 'situation' a little push for you. A push that was much needed."

"No," she shook her head in disagreement. "The only thing you did was meddle with my life once again and start drama for me. I think it's time you go create drama in your own life instead of doing that for me and other people. Oh, and also, you need to learn your place when it comes to spilling secrets that aren't yours."