Chapter Thirteen: Tacos

"Blondie!" Jordan shouted, startling Cassie. He walked towards her locker with his sweatshirt hood over his head and sunglasses on his face. "How has your morning been?"

"What?" She questioned, pausing what she was doing. She stared at him with a blank expression.

"What?" He repeated.

"Why are you talking to me?" She asked, resuming what she was doing and grabbing her iced coffee that she had set in her locker a few moments ago. "The sunglasses are a look, though."

He ignored her first comment and chuckled at her second. "I'm blocking out the haters..." he paused. "Parker," He joked, leaning against the lockers next to Cassie's.

"So, what do you want?" She questioned, shaking her head back and forth. They had no relationship. This felt awkward for her.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he chuckled. "What? Am I forbidden to talk to you? Do you think you're too cool for me?" He instigated.

"No, I just think that—"

"Cassie," Luke said from behind her. He didn't sound happy.

"Shit!" She whispered under her breath, causing concern for Jordan. He stood up straight, watching as Luke approached them.

"What's going on?" He questioned, standing in front Cassie and Jordan with an eyebrow raised. "What are you two talking about?"

Jordan shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know? Just talking."

"Yeah," Cassie agreed.

"Okay, so by 'just talking' you two are flirting with each other again?" He didn't hesitate to question, only to have Cassie immediately become angry.

"Excuse me?" She spat. She was disgusted by his behavior. "What are you talking about? I don't flirt with Jordan! I literally got back together with you. You don't see me with Jordan, do you?"

Luke rolled his eyes in annoyance. He was baffled she didn't see that when Jordan flirted with her, she flirted back. "Please. Everyone thinks you two are flirty when you talk. I'm not the only one."

Jordan guffawed. "Bro, you're mad for no reason. I don't flirt with her. All good."

Luke wasn't taking a second of his bullshit. "You stole Parker's girl so whose to say you won't steal mine?"

"I wouldn't do that," Jordan said, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Oh, yeah? Just like you wouldn't flirt with her?" He sassed, crossing his arms as he raised an eyebrow.

"Listen," Jordan forced out a laugh, running a hand through his messy blond hair before fixing the hood of his sweatshirt. "If I wanted to 'steal' your girlfriend, I would have made a move a long time ago." He rolled his eyes under his sunglasses. "So you can chill. She's all yours."

Cassie and Luke watched as Jordan walked away. She clenched her fists in anger over her boyfriend's behavior. She slammed her locker, enraged that conversation just happened. She felt embarrassed, disgusted, upset... the list continued. She ignored Luke as she stormed away, passing Juliana who was putting books from her book bag inside her locker.

Juliana fanned herself as the awfully stuffy and humid air lingered in the hallway. She wished there was a fan beside her, cooling her down from the sudden heat flash she was experiencing.

Just as she thought of that, she felt a breeze pass by her. She turned around, watching as students scurried out of the way. What was going on? She furrowed her eyebrows, turning back to her locker as she placed the last book inside.