Chapter Twenty-Six: Confrontation

"I still can't believe what happened," Juliana said, shaking her head back and forth as they sailed down the canal, passing by many homes. She was yet again ranting about what happened between her and Jordan the day before. "He literally said he didn't know how to help me now that he doesn't have feelings for Brittany. Like... I don't know, Jordan? Maybe help me with some ideas? Jesus. It's not that hard."

Cassie furrowed her eyebrows, turning to her friend who sat in the back of the boat. For the first time, she was working harder than Juliana, which came as a total shock, considering that she was terrible at her job. "Sorry... this still isn't making sense to me. Why doesn't he like Brittany anymore? Did she do something? This seems so sudden."

Juliana yet again avoided the question. She didn't know how to answer because she knew being honest wasn't the right decision in this situation. "The fact Jake had to tell me makes me sick."

"I think Jordan was going to tell you but you didn't give him the chance," she raised an eyebrow, steering the boat towards the left. "Listen, Juliana. I don't want to be mean but I think you're overreacting. You're taking this too personally. He didn't mean to hurt you."

Juliana sat up straight before walking to the front of the boat. "One day he's fully dedicated to helping me set up Alivia and Parker and the next day he wants nothing to do with it. I'm not overreacting. I'm just upset."

"Okay, but it sounds like you lashed out on him. He definitely had more to explain for himself but you didn't let him finish," she said, trying to have her friend see the other side of the story... as usual. "I feel like I'm missing part of the story. It's not adding up."

Juliana knew the only thing Cassie was missing was the part where Jordan had feelings for her and not Brittany. She wished she could tell her but she knew it would never be her place. That was something Jordan would have to do on his own.

"He's not who you think he is, Cassie," she explained to her. "He's an asshole. Everyone was right about him. He pretends to be nice to get what he wants. Pathetic."

Cassie nodded her head slowly, eyeing the GPS in the boat. "He hurt you so I obviously don't approve of that but I'm not going to stand here and pretend like he's not nice to me."

Juliana wanted to say because you're what he wants. He's only nice to you because he wants you. "I'm just going to keep my distance from him."

"I'm already doing that," Cassie said, thinking about her brother and her boyfriend who constantly would seek drama just to start something between her and Jordan. If anything, that was pathetic.

Juliana looked off into the distance, watching as a large white boat sailed towards them. She squinted her eyes, getting a better look at the boat. She spotted two tan girls, giggling and taking selfies. When the large boat moved closer to their small one, she got a better view of who the girls were. "Ugh, it's Brittany Rivera."

Cassie turned to look at the boat in front of them, meeting eyes with Brittany who turned around. She was wearing a navy blue bikini that made her tan skin look even darker. Her sister stood beside her in a bright pink bikini. Their curve-less, skinny bodies with abs and medium sized boobs made Juliana feel insecure in her all black work uniform. Brittany's hair blew to the left side of her face as she waved to them. "Hey, girls! Are you tanning today, too?"

"No, we're working," Juliana answered, shaking her head in disappointment. She wished she was tanning.

She snickered, trying not to show that she felt bad for them. "Oh, that sucks for you! Maybe it's meant to be that you shouldn't be lounging around in a bikini all day like me."

"Don't burn, Brittany," Juliana shot, putting her hands on her hips. If she wanted the sass, she'd get the sass. "You know how hot the Florida sun can be during this time of year."