Chapter Thirty-Five: Do You Have A Thing

Brittany was demanding orders using a megaphone during homecoming committee when Juliana was mixing white and green paint together to make a lighter shade. She tried to block out the demands of Miss. Queen Bee as she kept to herself and continued to work on her poster.

Juliana stepped back, wanting to see her masterpiece from afar. However, as she stepped backward, she accidentally bumped into someone's muscular arms.

"Sorry!" She exclaimed as she turned around, meeting eyes with Parker. Her cheeks instantly flushed red at the sight of him. "I didn't mean to do that."

Parker smiled. "It's okay," he assured her as she smiled back at him. His eyes moved to her poster sitting on the floor of the gym. "Wow! That looks good!" He exclaimed as he stepped forward, getting a better view. It was her second poster. This time, she was doing an underwater theme without any words. "I take it that you're artistic?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah. I'm terrible at math so I'm more on the artsy side."

"That's super cool," he told her as he turned around, looking into her hazel colored eyes. "I'm terrible at painting... well, I shouldn't say that. I'm terrible at anything that involves art." He said as she laughed. "Being athletic is my thing but math isn't too bad. I actually enjoy it."

Juliana laughed again, shaking her head. "I plan to major in something very far away from math."

"I planned to major in something very far away from art," he told her as he put his hands into the pockets of his khakis shorts. "Where's your partner?"

"Um..." Juliana said as she looked around the gym until she spotted Jake. Her eyes landed on a six-foot fluffy haired boy. He was talking to Jordan. "Over there." She pointed as Parker turned around.

His eyes widened. "I didn't know your partner was Jake?"

"Yeah," she nodded her head.

Parker immediately asked the question he thought most about since his conversation with Brittany at the lockers. "Do you have a thing with him?"

Juliana was confused. "With Jake?" She asked, making sure they were on the same page. He nodded his head. "No. Jake and I don't have a thing."

"Okay, I guess I just assumed you did," He confessed to her. "Since he asked you to homecoming and I didn't see it coming. I thought I didn't know about something."

"I didn't know he was going to ask me either," she explained to him. "Well, obviously it was supposed to be a surprise. That's the point of asking someone you're not dating to homecoming but, I don't think anyone really expected it."

"Maybe he has feelings for you?" He pointed out, startling Juliana. Now she had that thought in her mind. A thought that would only come true in her dreams.

She shook her head in disagreement. "No. He would never!"

Brittany stood across the gym, clenching her megaphone in her hand as she eyed Parker and Juliana conversing. The longer she watched them, the sicker she felt. Her stomach was churning at the sight. Her eyes then moved to Jake talking to Jordan who poured sparkles onto the streamers coated in glue. She was quick to storm over to the two of them.

"Flemming!" She screamed into the megaphone, causing her voice to be louder than usual. Jake and Jordan jumped, the volume of her voice startling them. "Why are not you doing what you're supposed to be doing? Is Jordan your partner? No!"

Jake pointed to Parker and Juliana. "Do you really think I want to go back over to my partner when she's flirting with him?"

Brittany nodded her head, fully agreeing with Jake. She then was quick to storm over to Parker and Juliana. Jake followed behind her, knowing her intimidating act was going to scare Parker away. "Hey!" She screamed as the two of them turned to look at her. She didn't even bother using her megaphone. "It's like I don't do enough around here to make myself clear. Do your work with your partner and we'll have no issues. Is that so hard to understand?"