Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Secret Is Out

"Who wants to jump off the roof with me?" Parker exclaimed, standing on a table adjacent to the pool. "Anyone?" No one answered him as everyone continued to mind their own business in the pool at Toby's party. Brittany looked at him from across the yard with her jaw dropped. She figured he had too much to drink. "You'll land right in the pool! I promise. Come on!"

Brittany laughed to herself before turning to Toby who stood beside her. "Is he serious? He's making a fool out of himself!" She took a sip of her mixed drink before shouting in his direction. "No one wants to jump off the fucking roof, Parker! Are you crazy?"

As she voiced that, Juliana stepped out of the pool before walking towards him with a smile on her face. Brittany's eyes widened. "I will! Let's do it, Parker!"

Brittany held her breath as she watched her ex-boyfriend and her ex-best friend run into the house excitedly. She had no idea what was happening. She thought she may have been having a fever dream. Parker and Juliana were jumping into the pool... together?

She watched as Parker and Juliana stepped onto the roof, holding hands tightly as they cautiously walked to the edge. She clenched her cup in anger, trying to calm herself down. Parker and Juliana turned to look at each other, nodding their heads before fearlessly jumping off the roof and into the pool hand in hand. Everyone was cheering for them as they made a big splash. They came up from the water, both smiling before embracing each other into a hug.

Brittany tossed her drink on the lawn before looking down at her breasts. She fixed her snakeskin bikini top before looking back up at Toby. "How do my boobs look?"

"Uh... what?" He questioned, startled by her words. He tried his hardest not to take a look at her chest despite that was what she asked. That felt inappropriate. She pointed to her medium sized breasts with a hopeful look glimmering in her eye. He cleared his throat, taking a quick glance at her chest before looking back into her light blue eyes. "They uh... they look good."

"Perfect," she smiled, turning away from him and facing the house, "because I'm about to start shit."

Toby didn't have time to answer her as she walked away confidently. She ran a hand through her brown hair, making sure it was frizz-free and untangled before walking into the house. She then quickly blotted her face with the back of her hand, knowing she couldn't have oil on the surface of her skin when she was about to instigate.

Everyone turned heads to look at her when she walked into the house. She was unfazed, weaving through the people who stood in her way as she looked around the house for a tall girl with strawberry blonde hair. She spotted Jordan, who stood in the corner of the kitchen with his friends. He looked from Jake to her, emotionless when he saw her. She didn't hesitate to stick her middle finger up at him.

When she turned away, she finally saw who she was looking for. Alivia. She was standing with Cassie. The two of them didn't look happy to be with each other, which told Brittany it was the perfect opportunity to swoop in and steal Alivia away to tell her important news.

"Hey!" She chirped, putting her hand on Alivia's shoulder as she approached the girls. "You two look gorgeous!"

Cassie eyed Brittany up and down with a judgmental look in her eye. "What do you want?"

"What? I can't give a compliment," she sassed, rolling her eyes at Cassie's attitude. She then turned to Alivia with a promising smile on her face. "Listen, I know I haven't been the nicest to you, but I actually need to talk to you about something. It's about Parker and Juliana."

Cassie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, curious as to what Brittany possibly had to say about them - and whether it was going to be the truth.

Alivia nodded her head, following behind Brittany as they walked into the other room. "What happened?" She questioned with concern in her voice.