nine

the night time has come, the shining stars scatter across the dark sky. the neighborhood filled with silence, only some crickets and frogs singing loudly. everyone usually be sleeping at this moment, except for one.

felix can't get sleep even he tries to. he keeps tossing around his bed but no avail. he ends it with giving up then jolt himself from his comfort bed.

he let out a sigh, doesn't know what to do. he looks through his window. an idea has cross to his mind.

"maybe i could go outside for a while" he talks to himself before change his outfit into a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants.

once he is done, he opens his door slowly because he doesn't want to wake his mom up. if he did he will end up get caught and lying about something. and he doesn't want to do that either. he never has any guts to lie on her face. she has suffer enough and he wants to be a great son for her.

once he steps outside, he walks to his front yard. the stars remind him of the siren.

that is so sudden.

before he knows it, his legs have bring him to the cave. he chooses to use the exit one than the entrance they have used before. He walks inside the cave as usual, using his flashlight because he can't see a god damn thing. it is so dark, it makes him feel so scared but the thought of siren makes him go on.

he has arrived to the lake. he does the same thing that he has done when the first time they go there. he steps on the water and the colour being visible.

and there is chan, the one he is looking for ever since. chan looks so innocent, his eyes is sparkling just like the stars he has gaze before he comes.

"felix, you came" chan grins widely from ear-to-ear.

he swims so fast he almost hit the wall but he stops himself before he does. the latter can only smile fondly. oh, how much he misses the siren.

i know, i know. they just met but aren't you miss someone even you both just met?

"what's bring you here?"

"oh, nothing. i just can't sleep" felix takes a sit near the water creature, hugging his knees close to his chest.

chan frowns, "you can't, sleep?"

this time felix could only nods his head. chan bends his lips even more, "why can't you?"

"i dont know... sleep doesn't want to take me" he chuckles.

chan is being silence for a moment before he speaks, "want me to smack down the sleep?"

"chan!" felix is laughing. "you can't smack down sleep"

"i know. i just wanna see you smile again. you have beautiful teeth though" the black haired boy smiles sheepily.

felix blushes, "t-thank you"

"anytime"

chan suddenly remember something, "felix"

"yea?"

"do you still wearing the necklace i gave to you?"

felix takes it out from his hoodie so chan can see that he is still wearing it.

"i do"

chan nods, "do not take it off. okay?"

"why channie?"

"just because"