thirty seven

the leader states, "only waiting for your orders, my lord"

"i see it now" felix turns his gaze to the king.

"you have neglected your kingdom, just for a mere human" the king side glances at jisung.

"that human has nothing to do with you" chan speaks.

"of course it has nothing to do with me but what it is to you?"

"please don't hurt him, father. he is not guilty, let him go."

"he is just a mere human who lives in different world! you and him are not the same so why do you need to choose him over me?!"

"father, he's not mine but-"

"he's mine"

everyone turns their gazes to a certain person who has stated the facts. the soldiers are in shock as well, lowering their guns as they bow. the king also does not believe of what he is seeing right now.

"m-minho?"

"my lord" minho bows, showing his respect towards his biological father.

"b-but... i thought you got killed"

"i am so sorry for missing for two years... but i must tell you that i am very happy with the life that i've chose for myself. i know, leaving my own responsibility is an unacceptable action to you and the royalty. because of my selfishness, everyone got hurt, either it's physically or mentally."

he continues when he notices they all are focus on him now, "but my lord, i don't want to be a king. at first i thought i wasn't ready but days have passed, i realised that i didn't deserve to be a king, despite on my action on my coronation day. please consider my wishes, father."

he points his finger to the cage, "that human is the love of my life, please give him back into my arms"

the royal blood does not break the eye contact. the king knows minho won't let his guard down for the next second. felix bites his lips so hard, hoping jisung is still alive.

the king orders his people to bring the cage to the land. when the cage has landed, minho quickly open the cage and pulls jisung out.

"oh my god ji" minho does the cardiopulmonary resuscitation and he sighs in relief when jisung coughs the water out of his lungs.

the brown haired boy supports his body with his elbows and asks, "am i dead yet?"

"no" is all the elder says before kisses the human.

everyone looks everywhere but them, except for one. the king looks at them with sadness and a glint of adoration. he now plants his stare to chan and felix, they both are standing on each other's side. he can see the intertwined hands in the middle, how the siren holds the red haired boy in firm. as if he loose it a bit, felix will escape from his embrace forever.

but felix as felix, will squeeze his hand, telling him that everything will be fine, no matter what happen to them after this.

<<<>>>

it's sad to say this but the story has almost come to the end :]