thirty three

"pancakes?"

"my pleasure" seungmin is smiling brightly when he gets two pancakes.

it has been two weeks since the escape, no one has coming to find them nor any traces of they have been wanted. it is where the birds are chirping on the tree branches, neighbors are jogging at the park, breakfast with family and going to school, go home and then bedtime. it is like a routine for the entire weeks.

and now, felix and the sirens are sitting on the dining table with pancakes in front of their faces. they have to lie to felix's mother of running away from home. lucky for them, the mother is kind enough to let them stay here as long as they can (because she knows she won't win against her son).

"felix, hurry up you're gonna be late"

"aight, mom" he replies with his full mouth.

chan hang his head low while he tries to hide his goofy smile. since the night where he have confessed to the younger, although not directly but he still happy because he knows about his feelings for him are genuine.

he think he likes felix because he is just so pretty so he wants to keep him by himself but then the feelings have grown day by day and he only realises it on that night. he is not sure if felix has heard it because here he is, in front of him, eating the pancakes like there's no tomorrow and act like he usually does.

the doorbell echoes the house, signalling the read hair boy to get ready. felix almost chokes on his food as he stands up, takes all his belongings and stumbles on the carpet on the floor.

"be careful!"

"sorry, mom! bye mom! bye channie! minnie, bubye!"

they all yells back as felix slams the door shut behind him. the mother let out a sigh and shakes her head in disbelief then chuckles, "he never changed"

"okay boys, i'm gonna head to work so behave and take care of this house, okay? don't make any problems" she says as she carries the strip of her purse on her shoulder and a car key.

"okay, ms. yoo!" the sirens answer in sync.

"good boy" she flashes a sweet smile before walking to the doorstep. chan and seungmin sigh in relief when they heard the door has closed.

felix has taught them how to do chores at home and to his surprise, they catch them pretty fast. so chan and seungmin wash the dishes on the table and cleaning the house, just in case.

"felix's mom is nice"

chan hum in agreement.

"and it's also feel nice to live in this world"

chan hums in understatement again.

"but i miss atlantis"

chan stops whatever he is doing right now as he looks up to see seungmin stares at him with the sad eyes. he let out a silent sigh through his nose and hugs the younger. seungmin without any thoughts just wrap his arms around chan and they stay there for a few minutes.

chan mumbles, "i miss atlantis too..."

someone has come out from the lake and kneels down near a footprint on the dirt. he examined it then he looks up, follows the traces of footprints.

"soldiers, i think we have found them"