Alexis Skyy (Ain't Trickin')

This may be based on a true story 🤦🏽‍♀️

Y/N POV

You and Alexis broke up a month ago, but nothing has changed. You still spend time together, go out on dates and, have sex whenever you want. So basically, you still have a girlfriend just without the title. The reason you broke up was because of trust issues. You don't trust her, but it's only because of the shit she's been putting you through. The last straw for you was when she called you drunk one night and admitted that she went out with a guy who was supposedly just a "Trick." She admitted that she had sex with him and he gave her some money to pay her bills. She cried all night on the phone about how much she loved you, and she didn't want you to hate her. She always uses the excuse that she has a kid and has bills that she needs to pay. You help her out as much as you can but, you also have rent and bills to pay. You love Alexis, but you refuse to be okay with her lifestyle. Originally, when she brought it up, you thought you could handle it ...but, you are a fuckin' Cancer and, you are way too emotional and crazy to even attempt to be okay with that shit. When you love, you love HARD. You couldn't handle having a girlfriend that wanted to fuck men on the side for money. So of course there were bad fights and arguments because of jealousy and trust issues. Eventually, you both had enough and decided to just be friends. But of course that ended up being a friends with benefits situation. Cancer and Scorpio love is just different .

When Alexis called you earlier today and said to be ready at eight, it didn't surprise you. You always spent holidays together, so of course, she would want you to be with her for New Year's Eve to bring in the New Year together. She said to pack an overnight bag because you would be staying at her house, which doesn't surprise you.

"So you gon' leave your real friends to go spend time with that bitch?"

You look up from packing to see your best friend, Ari standing in the doorway.

"Ari, it's not like that."

"When are you going to learn? That bitch is no good for you Y/n."

You grab your bag and pass Ari so you can put your bag by the door.

"Can you believe that she's ditching us to be with Alexis?" Ari asks your other best friend Lani, who's sitting on the couch.

"Ari just leave it alone." says Lani

Lani is a little more understanding of the situation. She knows Alexis isn't right for you, but she also understands the love you have for her.

Ari rolls her eyes but takes a seat on the couch without another word.

"What are yall going to do tonight?" asks Lani

"I think she said one of her friends is having a dinner party." You say

"I'm sure you'll be paying for everything as always." says Ari

You already knew they would assume she only invited you out because you usually pay for everything. When you and Alexis were together, you were always the one that would pay for the dates no matter what you did or how much it costs, it always came from your pocket. You didn't mind because you love taking care of the people you love. Plus, she didn't have a job, so you tried to be understanding.

"Whatever." You say

You get a text on from Alexis saying she's outside.

"Look, I gotta go." You say

"Have fun and be safe Y/n."

"Thanks Lani." You say

Lani slaps Ari on her arm