Saweetie (Past or Present) Part 1

"You work too much friend" says Megan as she looks around your new office .

Megan is your best friend . You go wayyy back from high school to college days .

"How else am I gonna afford this expensive ass wedding?" You say

You've been engaged for a little over 3 months now but you've finally settled on a date. The pressure of the wedding being perfect and spending your life with one woman was enough to drive you insane. You love your fiancé but sometimes you think it's all too much for you .

"Why you ain't making her parents pay for that shit ? They got money"

Your fiancé comes from money . Her family is very wealthy and have very expensive taste . That's why you feel so much pressure to work hard and give her the wedding she deserves.

"How would that look if I asked them that? Her father already hates me"

"Well fuck him them"

"Meg ..."

"I'm serious Y/N . You breaking your back tryna please her family . You know , I warned you about dating her when we were in college"

You sigh and rub your temples

Meg has ways of getting under your skin . You love her like a sister but sometimes you wonder how you remained friends all these years . You've always been about finding love and settling down .. Meg on the other hand is all about the opposite. She runs away from commitment and she expects you to do the same .

You hear a knock on your office door

"Come in" You say

You see Normani walk in with paperwork and she hands it over to you

"Thanks Mani" you say

"Don't forget you have dinner with the wifey and her parents tonight" she says

Normani is not only your assistant but she's also one of your best friends . She went to college with you and Meg . Her and Megan had a relationship but ended horribly . It was hard for you to maintain a friendship with the two because they couldn't stand being around each other .

"I guess I'm just invisible huh?" Says Meg

Normani doesn't even acknowledge her just as you expected.

"Don't be late Y/N . I'll call you to see how it went" she says and then turns to walk back out the door

"She's the only person I know that can hold a grudge for years" says Meg

"You broke her heart" You say

She rolls her eyes "Anyways .. I need you to come with me somewhere tonight"

"Did you not just hear what she said ? I have a dinner to go to . If I'm late Diamonte will kill me"

"Grow some balls Y/N . You won't be late I promise . Plus I have a special surprise for you" she says with her evil smirk

"You know everytime you smirk like that I always end up in trouble"

"I promise you won't wanna miss this" she says

"Fine .. it better be good" You say

You got home to shower and change clothes . You are now sitting in the living room watching tv waiting on Meg to pull up and get you

You hear the front door close and you look back to see Diamonte walking in with bags

"Babeeee" she drags out as always