Aaliyah (Are You That Somebody) part 2

A/N : Next chapter will be better and longer. I wanted to update for y'all since y'all liked the first one so much . Hopefully y'all like this one. Excuse mistakes .. More updates coming soon!

Friday July 3rd

Today was pool day and it was got as hell

Today was pool day and it was got as hell . We had the grill going and music blasting . Everyone was having a good time.

Missy, Kim and I were sitting by the pool with our feet in the water just watching everybody else.

"Y'all get in and swim with me." begs Aaliyah

"Girl, I spent hours getting my hair and makeup done. I'm not getting in that water." says Kim

"It's too many people for me" says Missy

Aaliyah slaps the water and splashes us .

"Aaliyah!" screams Kim

Aaliyah laughs and looks at me "You gonna come swim with me?"

Before I could answer, Dame pops up from underwater behind Aaliyah and wraps his arms around her.

"Sorry ladies, but I need to steal my girl for a minute." he says as he picks Aaliyah up and playfully acts like he's about to dump her into the water.

"You better be careful with her" warns Kim

Seeing Dame and Aaliyah be so flirty and playful is starting to disturb me. I'm starting to feel something I don't think I ever felt before. It bothered me to see her smile at him with a smile that I felt should only be reserved for me.

"The sun is starting to bother me. I'm going to head in." I tell the girls

"What? I thought we were keeping each other's company?" asks Missy

"It's too hot." I say as I remove myself from the sight of Aaliyah and Dame.

"Oh she's hot alright, but it ain't because of the sun" I overhear Kim tell Missy as I grabs my stuff off the chair.

I don't know what's gotten into me. Dame has always been annoying when it came to getting Aaliyah's attention, but for some reason it really bothered me today. Watching him make her smile just rubbed me the wrong way. I headed to my room to take a shower and try to clear my head.

I wrap my towel around my body and I walk back into my room to see Aaliyah sitting on the bed. I definitely was not expecting this.

"I was looking for you. The girls said you weren't feeling too well." she says

"Im good, I just needed to cool down." I say

I quickly walk over to the dresser and try to find some clothes to put on.

"Are you sure?" she asks

"Yes, I'm good"

I pull out a t shirt and some shorts to put on. I look down at my towel and back at Aaliyah. I debate if I should go to the bathroom to change or just change right here . It wouldn't be awkward right? We're friends.