Unrequited Love: Frozer Part-1

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Be careful! And take the elevator next time!" I say, as Primvère Rosé, and wave off to a bystander who nearly had a paragliding accident if it were not for us, superheroes. We managed to successfully catch him before he crashed on the roof we're standing on.

"Don't forget your bouquet!" Cat Noir says handing the packaged bouquet to the man who leaves sheepishly.

"Now that we're done here, I'm going to head off! Bug out!" Ladybug says as she swings off with her yo-yo, leaving Cat Noir and me behind.

"For you, m'lady~"

I turn to see Cat Noir on one knee with a rose in hand. He beams at me endearingly waiting for me to accept the rose but I purse my lips and push his hand away.

"You're about to transform already..." I say, dodging his sweet act as I tap the bell on his collar.

"So what? Can't I gift my lovely rosebud before we part ways?" He stands up and looks at me with a soft tender expression, taking me breath away at that moment.

Don't make me do this...

I sigh as a dreading feeling sets upon me. I watch his eyes flicker as he waits for me to respond and it only discourages me more for what I'm about to do.

I take a huge gulp and inch away from him as I prop my elbows on the building's balustrade.

"Listen," I say sternly, avoiding his gaze as he steps before me with the rose.

"I don't know if I can keep leading you on like this, Cat Noir." I finally utter, "You deserve much better than someone like me." I say turning away from him as bile rises in my throat.

I hear the way he lets out a soft sigh. "But, m'lady..." The frustration in his voice was audible. I know it was only a matter of time he'd become impatient.

"You're all I need..." He says and walks up to me, grabbing my hands with an urgent look in his eyes. I look at him painfully and pull away from his warmth.

"I told you already. I'm...in love with someone else."

Cat Noir closes his eyes but then looks at the rose he's holding on to, "I know...but tell me. If he weren't here, would things be different between us?"

My breath knots at his question and I clench my fists to prevent myself from showing any falter. Indeed, I knew too well that things would've been different between me and him if Adrien didn't exist. But how could I say that? I would never bring myself to tell him what he wanted to hear. That would only spark hope in him that would never be satisfied.

On top of a distant building, a billboard with the ad of Adrien's perfume. I examine the boy in the poster which slowly builds up my courage.

"I can't even begin to imagine my life without him..." I murmur loud enough so that Cat Noir can hear. What follows is silence.

I'm sorry, Cat Noir...

I turn to him and immediately feel guilt pierce through me when I see the hurt-filled expression on his face as his lips twitched. He probably wants to say something but this is what I should do so that I don't hurt him further.

My miraculous beeps violently, breaking the silence between us and I grab my whip.

"I gotta go," I say as I extend my whip to a tall building nearby. "You should do the same."

With that, I swing away not turning around to look at him so that I don't see him in pain. I jump down to my sunroof and enter my bedroom, transforming back to normal.