The Risk to Take: The Dark Owl

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

It's the end of a normal school day. Normally, it would seem to be the best time of day for any student but...not quite for two of Paris' superheroes.

"You should totally come and hang out with me!" Alya says in excitement to Marinette and I as we approach the door to exit the schoolyard. There stands Mr Damocles. He ushers the students to leave quickly, saying he has something 'important' to do and he doesn't have the time of day.

"Move along!" He shouts to the three of us. I give Marinette a look of fatigue and she nods.

"I'm sorry, Alya," She begins, "I have to help my parents with the bakery today." She lies and I follow up.

"Oh! I just remembered! My mom wanted me to bring home some groceries and snacks for Movie Night!" I excuse myself.

"AGAIN?!" Alya groans, "You both have been busy all week!" She pouts and I give her a troubled smile as I apologize.

As we part ways from Alya, Marinette and I get ready to transform, seeing that The Owl's already on the loose.

"Here we go again..."

We both transform into our alter egos and follow the self-proclaimed 'Owl' who's really Mr Damocles in a superhero owl costume. He hoots as he tries rescuing a kitten down from a tree only to fail, as the bystanders watch the old man climb the tree. He, as expected, falls from the tree.

Ladybug uses her yo-yo to grab him before he falls and then I safely bring the kitten down.

"Mr Dam-I mean, Owl..." I correct myself, "This is the fifth time we've come to your rescue!" I say as I let the kitten go.

Ladybug brings him down, "One of these days might end badly," She says with a disappointed tone. Cat Noir enters the scene as he descends from his extended baton, "Still on your hooting escapades, I see...You should wear a helmet," He advises.

"But you don't wear helmets!" The older man points out to which I sigh.

"It's...different for us, Mr Owl...We are real superheroes." I pat him on his back.

Ladybug nods, "With real powers!"

"And magic suits!" Cat Noir ensues. Mr 'Owl' frowns, "But I dreamed that, since I was a boy, I wanted to be a real superhero, even if it's just for one day!" He says. A news reporter comes into our conversation as he continues. "Mr Owl!" The lady calls for him, "Can you tell us about yourself?"

Mr Owl stands up from his position towards the camera, "Thanks to advice from my fellow superheroes, I am certain that I'll do better next time!" He says to which the three of us facepalm.

"Wherever there's injustice, there's The Owl!" He says and proceeds to throw 'owl mist' all over us and escape the scene. Well, sort of...

"What do you think about this?" The new reporter asks the three of us.

"Well, he is a great guy..." I start, "But to all the children of Paris, this is very dangerous! You mustn't copy him! Or us, for that matter!" I say and the two nod.

"Prim is right, kids." Ladybug agrees as Cat Noir winks at the camera, "Don't try this at home!"

---

I look at Cat Noir and Ladybug as we're on our regular patrol for an Akuma.

"That principal, Mr Damocles..." I say, "He seems to have a good heart...but, these escapades of his is bound to lead him on a dangerous road..."

Cat Noir nods as he sits on top of a building, both of us following him. Ladybug groans, "Looking after him is turning out to be a full-time job..." She yawns and sits down.