A Thing: Copycat

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Why do we have to do this again?" I ask in a nervous tone. Marinette, Alya and I were at Marinette's house for an 'urgent' meeting. It was only when I entered the house that I realised it was a trap. Another ploy to make me confess...

"Just call him, (Y/N)...It'll be fine. Ask him out! We've been dying to see you two together!" Marinette says making me sigh. "B-But, what will I say...? I can't just immediately ask him out...I think?"

"Hmm...you have a point." Alya thinks but shakes her head. "Just...improvise!" She tells me making me look down. "O-Okay..."

"You can do this!" Marinette and Alya cheer and before I can back out, she presses the 'call' button. I nervously pull up my collar before sitting down on my chair. My phone vibrates.

'Hey, this is Adrien's voicemail. Leave a message'

I frown in disappointment, covering the phone so it doesn't hear what I'm about to say. "It's gone to voicemail," I say to Alya which makes her pat my back. "It's fine. Just leave a message and don't forget to ask him out!" She says making me gulp and place my phone over my ear.

"H-Hey, Adrien. I just wanted to talk to you...about...something. S-So, if you get this message, please call me back...or don't. Your choice..."

Marinette facepalm at my choice of words.

"Okay. See you later. BYE!" I say and throw my phone on the bed.

I look at my friends who have a frown on their face. "What did you expect me to say?! I can't just twirl my 'sickening blonde hair' and say, 'Hey, Adrikens! Wanna go out with me?! It's a date~!' I'm not Chloe Bourgeois, you know! And seriously, confessing my crush to him over the phone is totally unreal! He'll think I'm a pathetic girl who has a crush on him-"

'If you wish to listen to your message, press 1 and if you wish to delete your message, press 2.'

.

.

.

"PRESS 2, PRESS 2!!!!" I realize what I just said and yell as Marinette hurriedly picks up my phone and presses the number. She sighs, "That could have gone worse-" 'Message saved'

"NOOO!!!!" I shriek and fall on my bed. "H-Hey. It's not as bad as you think..." Marinette says making me glare at her.

"Okay, it's bad. But you were going to tell him one of these days someway or the other." Alya says making me frown, "The voicemail recorded the whole conversation!" I say to her, "Big deal. It's not like he'll take your outburst to heart" Marinette says making me stuff my head onto the pillow. "I seriously called him 'Adrikens', mocked Chloe who is his childhood friend, and confessed my crush when I was trying not to!" I sigh deeply. "It's definitely time for me to die in shame..." I say and facepalm myself.

Alya suddenly sparks up. "Unless..." She pauses as I sit up to hear her plan. "Unless...what?"

"Unless we can get to his phone before he does!" She says making me look at her, "How exactly are we supposed to do that?!"

"If Adrien's phone went to voicemail, he must be busy which also means that he's probably doing some sort of photoshoot or something...I don't know...but where exactly?" She says making my eyes widen. "A-Alya! You're a genius!" I say overjoyed.

"I think I know where he is and what he's doing!" I say, "I heard him say something about afterschool fencing classes! So, that's why he didn't pick up!" I jump enthusiastically.

"Come on! Let's go!" I say which makes us bolt down the stairs. I push the door open and head out towards the school before getting interrupted by Cat Noir who jumps on building and lands on the middle of the crowd.