Liar's Karma: Volpina

Warning: dropped in a little pinch of angst for this part...

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

"Did you hear about the new girl?!" Alya asks me with a huge grin.

"What new girl...?" Marinette and I say in unison before I yawn softly. I didn't have a good night sleep yesterday.

"The new girl, Lila!" She says excitedly as she skims through her blog.

We enter the school as I'm no longer interested in the conversation.

"Did you hear Lila knows Prince Ali? She even flew in a private jet with him!" I overhear Rose and Juleka's conversation.

"Why did Jagged Stone a song about Lila when he could've written it about me?!" Chloe rants.

"Lila knows all the Hollywood directors and promised to introduce me to Steve Speilberg once!" Nino says.

All I can hear about is this person named Lila.

"(Y/N)! DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID?!" Alya asks me. I snap out of my daze.

"That Lila's amazing...?" I say with a doubtful tone which makes her nod.

"Yeah, and she was even saved by Primvère Rosé! She even interviewed for my blog!" She says making me entirely confused.

"She did...?" I ask in a dazed manner, "Who's this girl?" I ask as I look up.

My eyes roam around like a routine to find someone. Once they land on him, my eyes widen.

"Yeah, that's her!!!" Alya squeals.

She's with Adrien. She's....flirting with him?

"What is she doing with Adrien...?" I start to panic.

"Lila's got the most incredible life! And she's going here...She's awesome..." Alya says to which my eyes widen.

"Are you serious?" Marinette says and looks at me. I can tell she's not having any of it.

"A moment, (Y/N)..." She says and pulls me away.

Once we're in a secluded area, she says, "Who the heck is this Lila girl who must've hypnotized everyone!?" She rages.

"You and I know that we've never saved or known a girl like Lila! AND NOW SHE'S GOING FOR YOUR MAN!? Who does she think she is?!" She says and my heart stops.

A tremendous wave of insecurity flows within me.

"W-What...?" I ask, unable to believe what she just said.

"Looks like someone's a little jealous..." Seven says as she pops a berry onto her mouth.

Jealous?

"Come on! Let's spy on them!" Marinette says and pulls me towards where we last saw Adrien and Lila together.

"W-Wait..." I plead but she drags me along.

We enter the library and see that Adrien's sitting alone. We hide behind a shelf and watch him.

"Where is she?" Marinette whispers but I stay silent. My only focus is on Adrien.

I see Adrien fidgets a lot. He takes out a book out of his bag and flips through it.

Seven immediately perks up. "That book! Tikki! We must get a closer look at it!" She says to which Marinette and I get confused.

"HEY! You're aren't supposed to be out in the open! Hide!" I whisper-yell at them but they get away and hide on a shelf, closely watching the book.