Nona's Candy: Befana

Mostly Marinette's point of view for this part...

Some French terms ahead:
l'amour - love
Nona - a term for Grandma in French

Enjoy!

---

Marinette Dupain-Cheng's P.O.V.

I hang up from Alya's call. Then suddenly, my face creeps into a long smile.

"What's with that face?" Tikki looks at me suspiciously. I give her a knowing grin.

Tikki gives me a very confused grimace, "So you're excited about going to the dentist with Alya?" She asks and I giggle.

"No, silly! It's a fakeout! Alya just said that we're going to the dentist because she didn't want to let the cat out of the bag! That is about my surprise party!" I say to Tikki who looks at me in suspicion.

"But, Marinette, why would she do that? Why can't she just tell you?" She asks which makes me roll my eyes.

"Duh! It's supposed to be a surprise!" I say to her.

"Then why do you know about it if it's a 'surprise'?"

I breathe at her question.

"Yes, I do know about it! But I'll just pretend to be surprised so that their feelings aren't hurt!" I explain, "You see, Juleka totally freaked when I caught her with the bicycle pump! That means balloons at the party! And I also caught Nino listening to my favourite song! But he hates it so he must be making a playlist for me! There'll be dancing and lights!" I say but Tikki still looks at me with a blank expression.

I glare at her, "Then what about when I saw Adrien having a secret conversation with Alya a few days ago?" I ask.

Tikki scoffs, "Why wasn't (Y/N) the one to talk to him?" She asks suspiciously.

I nod, "Okay, good point. I thought about it too! But just then, I saw (Y/N) carrying a huge bag and Rose handed her what seemed like a present! So, there's gotta be a lot of presents!" I squeal which makes her shake her head.

"Check it out! I'll just ask Mom and Dad!" I say and rush downstairs to the bakery.

"MOM! DAD! Do you know anything about a surprise party Alya's planning for me?!" I ask them, only looking at them to see my father and mother...decorating a birthday cake.

As expected.

I watch as they struggle to put back the cake in a panic to my arrival. I smile innocently at them.

"Surprise party? When? Who's Alya?" My father says to which I chuckle inwardly. My mother shakes her head. "You're overdoing it, dear~," She whispers with a smile. He nods, "Oh! You mean, Alya! I haven't seen her in years!" He says to which I turn back and close the door.

"See, Tikki! Parents are always involved in surprise parties!" I say to her as she pops out of my pocket.

I grab my phone to check the time.

2:00...

The bell rings and my eyes perks at the door.

"And just look who's here to take me to my surprise party!" I say as I gleefully walk towards the door and open it.

"GRANDMA?!"

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

I run out of my house as I realise what time it is. Today's Marinette's birthday! Alya's in charge of the setup; which is basically a 'trip to the dentist' whilst I've taken the liberty to pull off some decorations.