Redemption: Queen Wasp (Queen's Battle - Pt.2)

Photo Credit: Pauline369 on IG/Deviantart

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

Adrien holds on to me closely as I swing from roof to roof on the way to the Grand Palais. His arms are placed around my neck and he ducks his head on my shoulder which makes me catch my breath at his touch.

We near our destination and I drop him off in front of the building.

"Thank you, Primvère." He jumps off my arms with his hand on my shoulder. "For the lift...and for saving my life." He says, breathlessly.

Our eyes meet briefly before I look down with embarrassment, "It was my pleasure," I say fiddling with my fingers nervously. He flinches, placing his hands back as if he realised our close proximity and chuckles nervously.

"Ah, I mean-you're amazing! Uh, it's a darn thing that Cat Noir didn't show up. Wonder what happened to him!" He says making me shake my head as I think about Cat Noir who'll probably get a heckle the next time I see him.

"Oh, don't you worry. I'll take care of the careless cat later." I mention with a mischievous gaze which leads Adrien to chuckle.

"You should go easy on him..."

"We'll see about that," I say with a soft laugh.

"I'll get going then. Good luck with your fashion show!" I say before sending him a two-fingered salute and swinging off as he waves back.

I sneak behind an enclosed wall and transform back. Seven flops into my palm tiredly and I caress her softly before placing her into a bag full of fruits and nuts. My eyes squint, scanning the area, looking left and right for any bystanders before stepping out and rushing towards the entrance.

"(Y/N)!" Marinette spots me in a crowd full of people. I wave at her and then squeeze through towards her as we rekindle together. We make our way to go inside with high hopes of not forgetting anything at all.

"Marinette, aren't you forgetting something?" Tikki says to her from inside her bag.

"What do you mean?" The bluenette asks obliviously making me turn to them.

"You have to get the Bee Miraculous back to Master Fu!" The Kwami says which makes me turn to her in utter disbelief.

"What? I thought you had it!"

Marinette pulls back, "I did! B-But I thought your petals must've gotten it back to him!"

"Nope. It did not." Seven says popping out of the bag with a grape in her mouth.

"Wait! If they didn't then I...lost a Miraculous!" She gasps, "I have to back to the Eiffel Tower right now!"

But before she could leave, we bump her parents.

"Marinette, (Y/N), there you are. We've been looking for you everywhere in the Grand Palais." Mr. Dupain says to us as Marinette tries to fend them off.

"I have to-Uh, you know, go somewhere..." Marinette blurts out unconvincingly which makes her father laugh.

"No, you don't. Come on, you can't miss the beginning!"

Marinette awkwardly walks between her parents as she glances at me.

"Coming, (Y/N)?" Mrs. Cheng asks me with an urging smile. I turn to look at them confused before shaking my head.

"Wait-I have to...um...go search for my mom!" I make up and prepare myself to 'search' for my mom but then Mrs. Cheng puts a hand on my shoulder, leading me to the entrance.