Unparalleled: Anansi

Art credit: leecheedoodles

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

I'd just arrived at the Césaire apartment, on time to see the duo's dance battle. Alya and Nino dance in front of the television.

"Get it, you two!"

Marinette and I cheer for the couple as we watch them from the living room couch, next to my phone with Adrien on a video call.

Alya jumps into the air, caught in Nino's arms as they dance with light beloved laughter. My heart swells at the sight of them enjoying themselves.

"They're so in sync with each other," Marinette speaks all of our thoughts, leading me to smirk at the couple.

Adrien chuckles, "You're right. Someday I hope I'll find someone I can share everything with...as they do."

I steal a glance at his sad expression, which makes my chest clench. He covers it with a strained smile.

"But until my father starts letting me go out more often, that probably won't be happening."

I turn the phone towards me, checking on him as he looks at the screen, "Are you sure your dad won't let you come? It's such a bummer." I ask regretfully watching as he composes himself.

"You know how overprotective he is. One day he'll realize I'm not a child anymore, but we're not quite there yet."

"Big finish, here we go!"

"You don't wanna miss this!" Marinette giggles as I turn Adrien's view in time towards Alya and Nino just as he pirouettes on one leg.

"Yeah!" Marinette and Alya laugh at my holler with Nino's finishing move.

The door closes behind us turning our attention towards Alya's elder sister walking in with full gear.

"Aw, shoot. Did I miss the ballet?" The tall, chiselled woman drops her duffel bag on the ground. Alya turns to her surprised, "Nora, is your match over already?" She greets her sister.

"First round: total knockout." She says and punches the air gloweringly, "As usual."

Then, turning her attention towards us, she smirks, "The name's Anansi. Like a spider." She winks and flexes her biceps leading me to chuckle.

"Anyway, what are you all still doing here this late? Don't you have school tomorrow?" Nora questions as she gets a milk carton from the fridge.

Marinette and Nino avert their eyes bashfully as I turn to them.

"You did tell her?" I squint at the group to which they shrug.

"We're waiting for it to get dark. It's the World Cup fireworks show tonight, remember?" Alya begins, "We're gonna watch from the Place de la Concorde Ferris wheel."

To that, Nora spits her drink and turns to us bewildered, "Oh no! Baguette, cappie and gardenerd can go with cellphone boy if they want, but you're staying here." Nora crushes the milk carton under her hand, "It's way too dangerous."

Gardenerd.

"Huh. That's the first time I've ever heard that." I ponder to myself, amused.

Marinette protests, "But Nora—I mean, Anansi, you can't do that!"

"Yeah, no way dude, we're not going without Alya!' Nino backs her up which I stand by. Alya stands upright at her sister, "Listen, I appreciate you worrying about me and all, but I'm not a little girl anymore. Besides, Mom and Dad are totally cool with it."