Unexpected Turn of Events: Horrificator

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Agent Smith, it's too dangerous! We must evacuate!" Officer Jones says to Agent Smith in a defiant tone. "You're suggesting we run, Officer Jones!? After it devoured my family!? My friends?! Even my beloved dog, Sniffles?! Never! I won't run! I no longer fear it! But I'm going to face it! Then I'll-AAAHHHH!!!"

"Cut!" Nino says in a frustrated way making me giggle.

"I'm sorry, Mylene" Ivan takes off his monster mask and apologizes to Mylene who hides under the table in a scared way.

Let me explain what's happening. Our class is acting for a short film that Nino is making as an entry in a contest. The film is about an agent who has a revenge plan for a monster who killed her loved ones...or that's what I think the script said. Mylène is playing the role of Agent Smith while Adrien is playing the role of Officer Jones. I was actually offered the role of Agent Smith but I turned it down because Mylene seemed desperate for it. I felt pity for the poor girl and knowing me, I put someone's needs before mine...and now the regret never ceases after I heard Adrien was Officer Jones.

"Mylene! That's like the 10th take and we're only on the first scene!" Nino says in frustration which makes me nod slightly, "14th take, actually! But who's keeping count?" Alix says making me look at the scared girl. "I'm sorry..." She says, "I'll try my best in the next scene...I promise..." She says making Nino shake her head, "You're playing a hero from the special forces! You aren't supposed to be freaked out..." Nino says making me observe him. "But the monster mask he's wearing is so realistic and scary..." She says making me smile, "Don't worry, Mylene! It's just big ol' me in a costume! Nothing to be scared of." Ivan says sweetly.

"If you ask me, he doesn't need a mask to be scary," Chloe says and laughs making Marinette, Alya and I frown at her, "What a bratty snob..." Marinette says making me place my hand on her shoulder.

"Please, Mylene! Focus on the character!" Nino says making me sigh, "Okay, Nino. Give the poor girl some air..." I say and place my hand on his chest, pushing him. "She must be new to this acting stuff..." I say which makes Mylene nod. "It's fine, Mylene. The feelings you're feeling right now is all normal if you ask me...I also took part in a play as the main role when I was young." I state which makes her peek in. "The only difference between this and back then was that the director was PATIENT and the play was about 'Cinderella'...." I gesture to Nino before realising something, "And also that the deadline was a month later, not a day after..." I slowly mutter, "B-But that hasn't to do with this film right!?" I say which makes Nino sigh.

"Very relieving, (Y/N)...that's why I wanted you to play the role-" "HEY!!!! Look at the time! We have only a day left so, Mylene, you calm down and we'll start right from the top!" I say in a fake-oblivious tone and look at Nino, "Right, Nino?" I glare at him secretly which makes him sigh, "Okay..." He says making me nod, "Okay, the director and I will have a short talk..." I say and pull him out of the room. "Please do excuse us..." I say as it makes Marinette chuckle.

"She's already scared enough, don't freak her out even more!" I whisper-yell at Nino which makes him scoff, "That's why I wanted you to play the role! You have more experience! You have more guts!" He whisper-yells back to me which makes me sigh, "But I said, NO and I said, GIVE THE GIRL A CHANCE!!!!" I whisper-yell....well, kind of, yell which makes Alya stick her head out of the room, "Everything all right...?" She asks making me nod, "YEP. EVERYTHING'S OKAY!!! NOTHING TO BE PANICKED ABOUT EVEN THOUGH THE DEADLINE'S TOMORROW!!!" I say which makes her look at Nino and then back at me, "Okaaaaayyy...." She goes back into the room.

"Okay, I do admit that I'm kind of scared..." I say which makes him sigh for the last time, "Okay, okay, just calm down and we'll have to figure out something. I'm the director, you're the co-director. Direct me to direct her and we'll be okay!" Nino says making me nod. "Okay, okay.." I say before entering the room again.