Personal Motivation: Kung Food

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Okay, okay, calm down..." I say to Marinette as she freaks out about her uncle coming over to visit.

Marinette's great-uncle, Wang Cheng, who is a famous chef is coming over to Paris for a competition called 'The World's Greatest Chef'. And I'm here to give her personal motivation so that she doesn't do anything stupid, or I guess that's what she said.

"What if I flunk out my Chinese?! Ugh! I don't even know how to say it well!" She panics at me making me chuckle. "You'll do fine. Just stick to yourself, girlfriend~" I say which makes her nod but the doorbell rings.

"Oh my gosh! That must be him!" She looks at me in despair. I smile, "Don't worry, everything will go fine..." I say which makes her close her eyes and nod in relief. I pick up the bouquet of flowers which she picked out for him and give her a pat on the back.

We walk to the door and open it to find a man who I presume is Marinette's great uncle.

I smile at the man who gives a greeting in Mandarin. I look to Marinette for her to speak.

We welcome him and soon realise we don't have much to communicate with him. "What do we do?!" She whisper-yells at me as he sits down and looks at the bouquet of flowers we gifted him.

I then get an idea, "I have just the plan!" I said before pulling out my phone to call Alya. I dial her number and as soon as I hit dial, she picks up. "What's up, (Y/N)?" She asks through the phone which makes me chuckle, "We're kind of in a 'we-don't-know-how-to-speak-Chinese' type of a situation over here..." I say.

"What's the problem?" Alya asks making me look over to Marinette who tries to offer him something to eat.

"Um...Marinette and I don't know what to do with Mrs Sabine's uncle. You know, the one she was talking about..." I try to say which makes her laugh. "Chillax, girl. I have the right solution!" She says making me sigh in relief, "Thanks, Alya." I say before hanging up.

"So, what did Alya say?" Marinette asks me as I walk towards her, "She said she 'has the right solution' and I'm guessing we should wait." I say which makes her nod as we sit down the couch beside Mr Cheng.

We just sit there in awkward silence.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rings which makes me stand up, "I'll get it." I say and walk over before opening the door. My eyes widen at the person behind it.

"A-Adrien...?" I stutter as he smiles at me. "Um...what are you doing here...?" I ask, really confused.

"Alya called me," He says, "She said you both were in a Chinese situation and you needed someone who speaks Chinese. So here I am. Translator, at your service!" He says cheekily which makes me freeze there in place.

"Adrien!" Marinette greets him with a blast. "You are a lifesaver! Where's Alya?" She asks completely forgetting that I'm there and Adrien's there and that I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

Before he can speak, we both get text messages, which makes us look at our phones.

Alya: You're welcome! Now, you owe me 20,000 croissants!

I giggle at the text before looking up at Adrien.

---

We all ride in Adrien's limousine to Le Grand Paris, where the competition will take place. I sit in between Mr Cheng and Marinette on the back seat whilst Adrien sits on the front passenger's seat. While Adrien and Mr Cheng are conversing in Chinese, Marinette closes in on me, "Whoa, it's only five minutes and you're already drooling over him~?" She teases in a hushed tone which makes me blush, "No, I'm not!" I whisper back to her before she gives me the 'yeah-yeah-sure' look.