The Bee in One's Bonnet: Zombizou

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

Sitting on my fingers was a large gift box ready to be opened up.

Today's Miss Bustier's birthday, something I came to know only a week ago. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to give to her because she wasn't just your ordinary teacher. Miss Bustier was the first teacher to have showed me her kind eyes, she is a very kind person and I want to show her my admiration for her. The only problem now is to go inside the school with the gift I'm holding. It was a large, turquoise ribbon-strapped gift.

Maybe I shouldn't have gift-wrap it so much? I think as my heart raced at the thought of Miss Bustier opening it.

Will she like it? Maybe not. Flowers are occasional. Are they? I don't know.

Thoughts spiral in my head as I push open the door to the lockers, immediately feeling eyes on me. All of my classmates hold presents on their hands and the sight brightens me up seeing how everyone was all perked up and excited for Miss Bustier.

"I see all of us remembered Miss Bustier's birthday..." I say with a happy sigh as I walk to my locker, followed in by Marinette and Alya. Alix laughs behind me, "Most of us remembered. Chloé Bourgeois never remembers." She says and I turn to look at said-girl who scoffs at us. It wasn't a surprising matter seeing how the snob was in general so I didn't bother commenting. Not that I needed to, anyway.

"Ooh~ Is that for Miss Bustier?" Marinette asks and I chuckle. "Yeah, it is," I say as I look around at the gifts others brought for the teacher.

"What did you all bring for her?"

"I brought her a scrapbook!" Rose chirps showing me a gift-wrapped book.

Nathaniel pulls out a large frame from his bag and shows me a drawing. "I drew her as a superhero because she is always there for us."

"I got her a braid of hair to thank her for her breathing classes," Mylène sweetly implies, "It keeps me calm and less afraid to be around Akumas,"

"What about you, Marinette?" I ask, "You must've come up with something awesome as usual~" I wiggle my eyebrows pulling my gaze to the cute box she's carrying. All of us turn to her, waiting for her to say something as she flusteredly fumbles with it.

"Oh! Uh...it's just..." She opens the box with a red face. My eyes sparkle when I see a custom cosmetics bag that Marinette obviously made. There are engravings at the bottom of the bag which she points out, "One of the first things she taught me at this school was, 'If we wish to change the world, we must all learn to love each other'. I always keep that in mind. I also got a lip balm of her favourite colour," She says and we awe at her thought.

"That's beautiful, Mari..." I say, pinching her red cheeks as she giggles nervously.

"But you haven't really told us what's in that box of yours, (Y/N)..." She says as she glances at the box I tried putting in my locker, although it's too large to fit.

"Yeah! We want to know what our Class Rep brought for her!" Alix whistles from the back to which I chuckle nervously.

"Oh, it's nothing. I got flowers for Miss Bustier from my mom's store. Here..." I say, opening the lid to show an arrangement of sunflowers, yellow tulips and pink carnations, starting to feel crowded as people gather around me.

Marinette and Alya applaud at me with a playful glint, "Knowing you, you have everything in hidden meaning, (Y/N)..." Alya says as I look up to see Adrien interested in what I have to say. My cheeks heat up at the sudden attention as I look down at the bunch in the box.