The Art of Subjection: Style Queen (Queen's Battle - Pt.1)

Photo credit: StressaSan on Deviantart

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

Oh, to be a superstar.

My eyes light up at the sight of celebrities gracing us with their presence as they enter the premises of the Grand Palais. Today's the day. It's Fashion Week in Paris and thus, begins the most awaited event of the year, the sensational fashion show of Gabriel Agreste.

Reporters crowd over the red carpet and cameras flash as various famous guests enter the hall. The scene almost makes me feel like I'm in a movie or something.

However, that's not my concern at the moment.

I turn away from the spectacle, tapping my foot impatiently with my phone placed close to my ear. On the other end of the call is a very distressed Marinette whom I can hear is probably pacing back and forth in her room as she grumbles about dropping out of the show.

"Honestly, Marinette. The hat is perfect the way it is!"

Tikki's voice emerges from the other end of the call. What follows is series of questionable screeching sounds from Marinette as she bickers about how ridiculous the derby hat is.

Adrien is going to be modelling the 'Primvère Rosé-inspired' feather derby hat Marinette submitted to Gabriel Agreste's fashion design contest. But, that is if the fashion designer herself gets here in time.

"What do you think?" Marinette asks me groggily as, by the minute, her resolve fades making me anxious about what's going to happen if she doesn't get here in time.

"Marinette, this is the show of a lifetime! Your debut in the fashion industry! You're not going to let your emotions ruin this for you, are you?" I respond which makes her grunt.

"(Y/N)...I don't know. I'm starting to feel like this is the ugliest hat in the world! Adrien's going to model it and he'll resent me for life!"

I take a moment to pause and look at Seven who's hovering in the air beside me. The Kwami gives me a small shrug as she too listens to Marinette's ramblings.

"I have zero talent! And everyone's going to find out tonight!" She yells to which I can only laugh.

"Are you kidding me? Marinette Dupain-Cheng?! With zero talent?!" I say, "Yeah, that'll happen when Chloé Bourgeois becomes a saint,"

"Stop it." She groans.

"Besides, if your hat was so 'ugly'; why did Gabriel Agreste, the king of Fashion, hand-pick it for his fashion show?" I retort which leads to a few seconds of silence.

"What if they see that it's a synthetic feather and not a real one? They're gonna think it's lame!" She whines.

I giggle, "Oh, come on, Marinette. Unless you want Adrien to be a sneezing mess on the runway, replacing the real feather with the synthetic one was the right thing to do!"

She pauses for a while and then finally sighs.

"You're right. I don't have the time to change it anyway. The show begins in-" She lets out a horrified gasp, seemingly realising what time it is.

"OH NO. I'M GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN."

"You will be if you don't hurry up now..." I state. I hear her shuffle out of her room through the call, leading me to breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'm heading out right now! Quick, Tikki!"

"Great! I'm waiting for you in front of the hall. Get here quick! You might miss the chance to see Jagged Stone on the red carpet!" I hang up and place my phone back into my pocket.