"Dad?" Gio asked gently, but I could see the tension building up in his body as the anticipation of what the note said was becoming more and more.

"Son, you cannot do anything about this. You won't get anywhere if you get upset and mad," he handed the note to Gio and I came around the table to read it also.

'You may have got your mate back, but you cannot protect your mate, and baby forever. One day, they will be mine and you will have no power, or way of getting them back.

I will enjoy murdering the people you care about.

P.'

I backed away from Gio and leaned on the wall. They were threatening my baby, and me.

"Oh jeez," I mumbled to myself, hadn't I been through enough? Now they had to threaten my baby as well?

"You're pregnant?" Was the only thing my brother said after reading the note, it made me smile but my body still felt weak.

My baby was innocent, it has done nothing and people were threatening it. Who do they think they are?

"Are you okay?" Gio asked, coming over to me and taking my hands in his. He then led me to a seat and told me to stay while he got some water.

I didn't feel okay, I felt very faint and nervy.

"You gotta stay awake. Drink this," a cup of fresh water was pushed against my lips and I drank the lot, looking around the room as everyone stared.

"You just need some food," my mother said, getting everyone to sit down with Gio by my side instead, incase I feel front or something, "you haven't eaten all day and that doesn't help."

"No," I gave a weak smile and started to eat while chatter around me began again. The note was forgotten for a while, or at least pushed to the back of everyone's minds as we celebrated the pregnancy.

The day went on, I barely said a word as the chatter around me went on, the window was fixed and it was just the time and effort really of finding who decided to smash our window that was getting to me.

The people that only just took me made sure not to harm my baby, but these people, from the note sounded like it was more about the baby than me.

"Where are we going?" I asked later that day when Gio took hold of my hand and walked me outside, I recognised the route, he was going to the lake nearby.

"I want you to show me something, and get rid of these," he handed me the box I kept my blades in and I wondered when he had got these. Gio hadn't left my side since dinner.

When we reached the lake, we didn't say a word at first, only stood while looking at the lake.

"You can do it, you don't need these anymore," Gio stood behind me, had his around wrapped around my middle and hand rubbing gentle circles into my tummy.

"I know I don't," I clipped the latch off of the wooden box and looked down at the blades, of course I didn't need them but it just made me feel a bit nostalgic to when I used to need them. I had a family, and friends now that wouldn't want me to use them, and now I'm not going to.

"Okay," I looked at the water one last time and tipped the box upside down over it, and then I watched as they disappeared down the river.

"That's it," Gio said, a smile as he looked down at me, "now you have to show me a cool trick."

It was my turn to smile as I felt as if I hadn't used my magic in a while, but I wanted to do something that was sort of a famous trick.

I concentrated, lifted my hands up into the air and moved them apart. The water completely separated and someone could walk from one side of the lake to the other with no water in the way.

"That is so cool," Gio whispered in awe, making me lose concentration and for the water to splash back down, "sorry."

"It's fine," I kissed his cheek and pulled him down onto the grass with me, sitting between his legs with my back to his chest. It was a nice spot to sit, we could see the sunset falling into the trees and it just all felt... Perfect, even if it was only for an hour or so.

"I love you Spence,"

"I love you too,"

We went back to the house to find everyone curled up somewhere, on the sofas or floor. My mum and little sister, Gio's parents, his little brother and mine with Zoey. Me and Gio entered, curled onto the only remaining chair with a blanket and watched the film with everyone else.

******

A/N I don't know whether to do some more chapters or an epilogue next.