Moving.

Chapter 4.

Edited:

Moving.

*** Spencer's P.O.V ***

*

*

*

"What's worse than being alone? Being used, lied to, deceived, fucked over, left behind, abandoned and completely forgotten."

******

"Spence?" My mom called from downstairs, I could smell the pancakes from up here. It made me pack up the last of the books from my shelf quicker. Even after I knew we were moving I still hadn't packed all of my stuff up.

I'd fallen asleep last night before I'd done any more, and this morning I woke earlier than everyone else to try and get it all done.

"What is it mother?" I asked tiredly as I walked into the kitchen where she was making pancakes, humming a tune from my childhood.

"Oh I just wanted to see if you were ready to go, everything packed? I've already talked to my boss and got transferred to California, there's a place there that needs my management. They haven't had a boss for a few months and they were going to ask me to go there anyway," she told me as she finished doing the cream on top of the pancakes, topping it off with a strawberry and handing me the plate, "I've also already got us a house, the owner wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible and sold it to me for half the price! Can you believe it? And the furniture is all there as well, they didn't want to keep it, so all you need to do is pack and take your stuff."

"That's brilliant mum! I can't believe we're really doing this. It's mental isn't it? Is Reece helping Jessie?" I asked as I finished my pancakes off at the counter table. I was starved, I didn't realise until I'd eaten.

"Yes," she sighed, my mum looked so tired, she had bags under her eyes and her cheeks were slightly sunken, "could you help him when you're finished? She's just got so much stuff. I didn't realise."

"Sure," I stuffed the rest of the pancakes in my mouth, putting the plate, knife and fork in the sink before I went back upstairs and into Jessie's room, it was right next to mine and I was surprised I didn't hear the two from the noise they were making when I opened the door.

It looked like a bomb had gone off honestly, it was a mess with stuff everywhere going from toys to clothes, to books, everything was all over the floor. It was like they couldn't of put the stuff in boxes, oh no, it had to go on the floor. There was no space that wasn't covered.

"You're not really helping are you?" I asked, amused as I watched my older brother and little sister play dolls on the only open space. There was a small circle around them that didn't have anything covering it.

"Could you help instead? You know I suck at these things, " Reece asked me from where he sat on the floor, looking up at me with big, baby eyes.

I knew I wouldn't be able to say no, but I sighed and shook my head. Accepting my fate was easier than arguing with it.

"Jessie, comere," I picked up my little sister when she walked over to me and balanced her on my hip, I looked down at my brother who was trying to give me puppy dog eyes and succeeding.

"How 'bout we fold your clothes and look for some pj's to wear tonight on the plane?" I asked Jessie when I sat on the floor in the middle of the mess with Reece, I then looked at him, "you have to help seeing as you made the mess."

"Yeah!" She squealed excitedly as she buried herself in the mess, clothes were immediately stuck to her with toys getting tangled in with one another while I tried to fold the clothes she wouldn't need yet and put them in the boxes. For a small child of 7 she had a lot of clothes, more than even I had. But she was a girl, I guess she had the right to have so many.