53

53||Dynasty: The After Ending
“ Reunion. ”

A Silhouette.

She could make out a someone in the light, standing firm as the sunlight embraced his or her body.

Brows furrowed, Eun-Ji inched closer to the person. Stepping out of the shade, her eyes adjusted to the brightness and suddenly, the blinding light doesn't feel blinding anymore. Fresh air blew from the side, causing her hair to dance with the gentle wind.

The person turned around and faced her. The moment her eyes landed on the man's face, Eun-Ji felt oxygen leave her lungs, her arms fell limp to her sides and she stood, starstruck.

It was someone she least expected to see, someone she never thought she'd see.

He smiled and spread his arms, inviting her for an embrace.
“ My princess, all grown up. ”

Her eyes slowly brimmed with tears as he stepped closer and embraced her body.

A lone tear escaped her eye as she rest her head on his chest. Then, countless tears fell from her eyes. She let out a long sigh as she lift her hands to return the hug.

Then, she felt something she hadn't felt in a long time. She felt safe, belonged, it felt so light, so wonderful. After so many hardship, she's come to rest in his arms. To rest in her home.

“ Abeoji...”

“ Hmm. ”

“ I'm so glad to see you...”

“ So am I, princess...so am I. ”

“ I met two men. One loved me more than himself and the other...”

“ He loved you, you know that. The other still loves you from the other side. And yes, they are both going to be all right. ”

Eun-Ji could only tighten her embrace and smile, everything is going to be all right. She managed to keep love from destroying the men she loves. After all, what point is it to love someone only to make them suffer because of your absence?

“ You did well. ”

Eun-Ji raised her head and stared at his face, perplexed. “ I lied to survive, what is good about that? ”

Her father chuckled. “ You saved them. You saved your soulmate from living in his fantasies, you turned him into a better version of herself. While you saved the man you love by giving him courage to lead and to protect his people—that and you made him embrace who he really is. ”

“ I actually managed to do something good...”

Relieved, Eun-Ji smiled.

Sacrifices do happen.

But in the end,

A grand reunion awaits.