46

46||Dynasty:The Building
“ Her love.”

Eun-Ji looked at the sky. It was blue, a beautiful shade of blue. She headed to the house of the An Ji.

An Ji turned to see Eun-Ji walk inside his home, wearing a beautiful hanbok.

Eun-Ji looked down, not knowing what to say. She was almost tempted not to say anything. She had failed to play the right cards.

“ You haven't read it yet...? ” she asked, seeing the unopened letter in the man's grip.

An Ji glanced at the letter.
“ What is it? ”

Eun-Ji motioned at the letter. “ ...Read it. ” she gently sat herself down, feeling dizzy.

An Ji closed the letter rather harshly, seething with anger.

Eun-Ji looked up at him. “ Hm...” she stood up. “ I am going to follow them. Rest assured she will be safe. ” she turned to leave.

“ Are you out of your mind? It's Ji So's doing! She must die! I'll kill her...” he growled.

Eun-Ji turned to him.
“ Vengeance...leads to even more hatred...An Ji-ssi. You're a doctor. Act like one. ”

An Ji flickered his eyes towards her face, paleness of her features not escaping his notice. She looked ghostly, but he couldn't care. A-ro was in danger A-ro might die before she does.

“ Don't do anything stupid while I am gone. ” she sighed leaving. Once she had exited, she couldn't help but cough yet she continued on, not paying attention to the blood stains that were now on her sleeve.

||Time Skip||

Queen Ji So sat in front of her small table, staring at the tea that was served to her a few minutes ago. She had sent Sook Myung into a dangerous quest. She knew that, despite stating that they will go for Amity multiple times, she knew that if  the heavens didn't favor them, Sook Myung and Jinheung will be no more and they will be annihilated.

She sighed, worry eating at her. All she had now was Ji Eun.

“ Daehu Jonha, Gongju Ji Eun's servant, Mi Sun is here. ”

The doors opened to reveal a panting servant. “ D-Daehu Jonha, pardon my intrusion but Gongju Ji Eun has fallen gravely ill! ”

Ji So shot up from her seat, eyes wide and hands shaking. “ What did you say...?!”

||Time Skip||

Ji So stared at Eun-Ji's pale face. She was lying unconscious on the bed. Her eyes caught the blood stains on her sleeve.

She let her hands reach for the said sleeve. She had ordered to get An Ji but she doubt he will come as he had told her that he cannot lend her his service anymore. However, she was desperately hoping.

||Time Skip||

Ji Dwi stared at the fire they made. It was calming and he let his eyes follow its sways.

He felt someone sit beside him yet he didn't spare him a glance, too eager to watch the fire.

“ You know you won, right? ”

Ji Dwi hesitantly looked at Soo Ho, giving him a baffled expression.

“ You have her undivided attention, her heart goes after you. ” Soo Ho stared at the fire.

Ji Dwi looked back at the fire.

“ You should know...”

“ Yes, I do know. For I too fought for her love. ” Ji Dwi interupted rather softly.

Soo Ho sighed. “ You fought well. ”

“ But did I? ” Ji Dwi now looked at him straight in the eye.

Soo Ho furrowed his brows.
“ Pardon? ”

“ It seems to me you have no care whether you lose her or not. ”

Soo Ho hummed softly, understanding him at last. He turned his attention on the fire again.

“ You were blind not to see it. Perhaps because of the attention she was giving you. I envy you, truly. ”

Ji Dwi furrowed his brows and urged him to speak.

“ Our paths crossed long before the two of you did, that I am proud of. It was I who first got lost in her eyes, who heard the melody that was her voice, it was I who first held her. It was me...who first confessed to her...” he looked up at the dark sky, trying to keep his tears from falling off his eyes.
“ I was the first...everything. But love isn't about who was the first. You came along and I knew I was not alone in the search for her heart. So I loved her, I performed little things with her, house chores or not, it was everything I ever wanted. She was everything I ever wanted.

“ Then why are you here giving her up without a fight? ”

Soo Ho turned to him. “ I was the first...but she was never mine. I have nothing to give up except my love for her and the moments we shared. I am not keen on giving those up, memories of her is all I have. You should know, I will fight for something even if I get hurt but I will not fight for this. Not when I see her suffering, in dilemma...I'd fight for her anyday but how can I when I only hurt her by doing so? There is no point in fighting when you know certain defeat, that no matter how hard you try it just can't be you. ”

“ Why are you telling me this, Soo Ho?”

“ I am telling you this because I want to let you know that if there is ever a thing that is deemed the realest, it would be her love for you. I don't want you breaking her heart. Should anything go wrong in this quest, I will not let you slip away from her and I hope when that happens and I die, you will make her happy. ”

“ Soo Ho, no one is dying. We will return safely to our home and she will be there to meet me. I will make her happy when I come back. ”