01

01||Dynasty: The Building
" What's a soulmate? "

Kim Eun-Ji

I sighed, putting the pen down on the table. Exams are near and I reviewed all my notes already. Now would be a good time to relax and breathe. I stood up and looked around my gloomy room, took a deep breath then walked to the window.

The night was wonderful, just like always; calm, peaceful, quiet and cold. I might seem like an odd person for finding cold somewhat wonderful but what's the point of lying?

The moon had always been better than the sun, the night had always been better than the day, the stars had always been better than the white clouds and the cold air had always been better than the sunshine.

" Appa? "

" Hm? "

" What's a soulmate? "

He looked at me with amusement in his eyes and sent umma a small smile.

" It's uh, well it's like a best friend but more. It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. Someone who makes you a better person, actually they don't make you a better person, you do that yourself, because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who...who knew you and accepted you and...believed in you before anyone else did...or when no one else would...and no matter happens you'll always love them. Nothing can ever change that. "

His words were wonderful. He made it sound like life isn't complicated.
I rolled my eyes and closed the window. I layed on my bed with the same question I had every night; where do I belong? That question never ceased to bother me. There is always an empty hole inside me that's telling me I don't belong here, that I'm not at home. I never started searching for it because I don't even know what it is.

I sighed and went out of my room to try and deal with my fear. I always do this. Try to deal with my fear but whenever I get close to it, I just look at it then back away, I'm such a coward. But not right now, I don't want to be. Not anymore.

||Time Skip||

Looking at the shining water, I stood a few feet away from the pool. I had always been scared to go swimming ever since I almost drowned when I was little. But you can't always be scared of something, atleast that's what they say. I blew out some air and walked closer to the pool. I'm alone, I can risk it since I won't be embarrassed. But If I drown no one's going to save me. I pouted and took a step back but I accidentally stepped on a tube and slipped.

I let out a shriek. The water was cold, to my surprise, the pool was deeper than it should be. And the lights dimmed. It wasn't long until I saw nothing but black.

*Note: The quote about soulmates is from Dawson's Creek.*