126(G)Mattex

And all I have to do is think of her

                  riversdamsel

He’s never been one to consciously notice one color over any other.  Never really had a favorite except to give an answer to the common small talk question- though he supposes now that he’s the Doctor he should closely consider attaching himself to that brilliant blue.

It’s a very nice blue.  Bright.  TARDIS-y.  The color should hold a special place for him, but it’s suddenly the furthest color from his mind when she walks in for their first read through of Time of Angels.

She’s glorious.  Her hair is a pile of wild curls on her head, her loose blouse does nothing to cover curves that are sure to distract him on a near constant basis, and her green eyes sparkle with laughter as he spills his tea in haste to introduce himself.

Her greeting ignores the tea and comes with a kiss to the cheek that leaves his skin tingling.  When she pulls away, he notices that her lips are painted the most beautiful, sinful color of red.

It’s not until later that evening does he glance in a mirror and see the faded red of her lipstick still on his cheek.  He grins and thinks he could easily favor red over blue.

XxX

The shoes are red.

Red and shiny and currently hanging from the TARDIS scanner.  Karen fawns over them, petting them with reverence and exclaiming that she wishes her feet were a bit smaller so she could try them on.

“Would be better you than me, honey,” Alex comments with a chuckle as she enters set from costuming, “I don’t know what they’re thinking, putting me in those bloody things.”

“You’re going to look great in them,” he immediately blurts, his face heating a bit as Karen gives him an amused look and Alex turns to him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk- and holy hell what has costuming put her in?

He feels his eyes widen as he takes in her costume for the first time, a black dress that looks wonderfully soft to the touch, clinging to her curves and completed with a neckline that is low enough to have him staring.

Doing his best to drag his gaze from her figure to her face, he stutters out, “Not-not that you don’t look great not in them, cause I mean you do!  Look great in that, I mean.”  He gestures weakly at her form, her smirk growing as his brain flounders for something to say to make this less embarrassing as he continues, “But I mean you look great in everything else, too!  And nothing.  Not that I know!  I just mean, probably.  Well I mean not probably because look at you, but-”

“Well maybe just the shoes and nothing else, then?”  She suggests it with an amused smirk as she turns to inspect the console, mercifully putting him out of his self-inflicted misery.

Karen is silently laughing at him and he glares, feeling the blush all the way down to his neck.

The next day when he watches her strut about set, the red of her shoes flashing as the hem dances around them, the images of her in those red heels and nothing else is all he can think of.