166(M)Mattex

open up your mind and see like me

melodypond_thewomanwhomarriedme

“Kingston! You made it!” Matt exclaims loudly, waving over to his onscreen wife a little too enthusiastically.

”Of course I did, darling.” Alex laughs, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. She looks around the rooms as if searching for someone, and Matt sits back to enjoy the view he has of her.

She’s never been one to dress conventionally - a trait they both share, it seems - but today, Alex has traded her usual bohemian style for something a little modern - she looks positively stunning in a black button up blouse and skin tight jeans that show off her curves. He admires the sight of her in those jeans, sipping his drink lightly.

”Eyes front, soldier.” Alex’s purr makes him jump slightly and he flushes, knowing that he was caught staring at her arse.

“You know what you do to me in those jeans, Alex.” Despite the red in his cheeks, he takes the challenge, leaning in and whispering in her ear in a low growl. “It’s just so hard to keep my eyes off you.”

He grins and retracts as she throws her head back in laughter, slapping his arm playfully.

”You’re a naughty boy, darling. I don’t know why I put up with you.” She tuts, but the exasperation in her statement is overshadowed by the glint in her eye and the pleased smile on her face. Before he can come up with another reply, however, she starts looking off in another direction. “You haven’t seen Karen and Arthur, have you? I’ve got a little gift for them.”

She reaches into her purse, pulls out two small gift boxes and turns to him expectantly.

“And none for me?” He pouts and puts on a faux hurt voice. “You wound me, Kingston, honestly.”

”Oh you poor thing,” she coos, playing along. Then, in a move he really should’ve expected, she lowers her voice and raaises an eyebrow suggestively, flicking her gaze down his body before meeting his eyes again. He wonders how she manages to darken those pupils until he can almost believe that she’s actually attracted to him in that way. “Would you like me to kiss it better?”

He swallows and stifles a groan. God, that woman could recite the alphabet and he’d come in his pants. Not that he’s ever fantasized about coming to the sound of those soft lips moaning hus name sinfully, the butterscotch tone of her voice pulling him closer to the edge and going over as she lets out a high-pitched scream and her muscles -

He avoids her gaze, flushing evern redder as images begin to fill his head, helped along by the way she’s smirking at him now. He downs his drink in one go and clears his throat, making sure that his voice doesn’t come out too high-pitched as he answers her original question.

”The Moff wanted to see them for a moment. They’ll be out soon - never could resist a good farewell party, eh?” Matt sneaks a glance at her and finds her still smirking, looking pleased with herself. “Especially when their daughter’s in town for the first time in about a few months.”

“Cheer up, darling, we’ve still got some work to do.” She says.

They’ve been shooting Karen and Arthur’s departure episode for the past few weeks, having just flown back from New York. Ever since then, however, Alex has been incredibly busy with a few other side projects she’s got going on, and she didn’t have the time or the energy to hang out with the gang off set. Alex is due to leave for LA the morning after their last shoot the following week - so they brought up the farewell party in hopes that she could attend.

Well, Matt had insisted and everyone else just went with it.

It didn’t help that all he’d been thinking about was when he’d get to see Alex after this. Steven had already written the Darillium minisode, and in this one, River’s already a Professor - what more adventures would the Doctor have left with his wife?