134(M)

cause you’re too sexy beautiful and everybody wants a taste

melodypond_thewomanwhomarriedme

She’s beautiful.

River is always beautiful- she’s just one of those women that could wear a garbage bag and still manage to look sexy - but god, when she’s donning that blood red, floor-length, figure-hugging satin dress that shows off her amazing body, the only word to cross the Doctor’s mind is sinful.

The images in his head are anything but holy.

“Close your mouth, sweetie, or you’ll catch flies.” She teases gently as she makes her way down the steps in impossibly high stilettos that match the colour of her dress.

He flushes at being caught but she only smirks, raising her hands to his chest to fix his bow tie gently. She smooths her hand over his jacket and peers up at him, smiling appreciatively.

“You look good,” she murmurs, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

“You look amazing, wife.” he answers, drawing out the title - he still can’t believe it. He’s married to River Song.

She raises her eyebrows and chuckles as he presses three quick kisses to her lips.

“Okay, sweetie,” she places her hand on his chest to stop him from distracting her. “Mind telling me where we’re going?”

“It’s a ball,” he answers, and when she continues to look at him expectantly he continues in a rushed tone of voice, “Well, it’s a - um, celebration for uh - there’s this corporation, and they throw parties and -”

“You have no idea do you?”

“Well, I - no, of course I -” he sputters as she watches with amusement smiling fondly. Her smile widens as he pouts and asks, put out, “Does it matter?”

“I guess not,” she smiles widely at him and he can’t help but return the smile even though his face is still all red. She grabs his hand, holding it firmly in hers as she heads for the door. “Come on, sweetie, you owe me a dance.”

Oh, he plans to spend the entire night on his feet.

*

Well, this is rubbish.

They’ve been here for three hours and he’s only managed to dance with her once. It seems that River has caught the eyes of all the men and most of the women in the room, because suddenly there’s more people that have danced with her than haven’t. Of course, he doesn’t blame them - River is, well, River - but given that he’s her husband and her date he’d have thought she would at least pay more attention to him than to anybody else.

He watches with a scowl as the song ends and yet another tall, muscular guy offers her his hand. She smiles wide and accepts without hesitation and the Doctor can’t help but deepen his scowl. Apparently not.

He narrows his eyes at the dancing couple, sipping his fruit juice miserably. A couple of women hesitantly approach him but he waves them off, too annoyed to give them his attention. His eyes are for River, and right now she’s twirling around on the dance-floor with Muscular Guy. The Doctor doesn’t like him. Or anyone else that dances with River.

He huffs as Muscular Guy twirls River out of his arms, the skirt of her dress billowing around her feet. Muscular Guy catches her in his arms again and dips her back. The delighted smile on her face catches the light of the chandelier that hangs high above the room.

Well, at least she’s enjoying herself. He can’t begrudge her a little fun when her days are spent locked in a prison cell because of him.

Still, he can’t help but glare as Muscular Guy tugs on her hips to pull her closer, and she makes no attempt to resist, resting her hands against his chest. She looks up at him with sparkling eyes and a playful smile as they sway together. It’s revolting.