38 - Girl (and Guy) Talk

A/n: I wasn't sure what to put as the cover picture, lol.

-Shinso POV-

As you all enter the cafeteria, everyone is thrilled to see the tables lined with different types of delicious-looking foods. You take a seat next to Ojiro and the bird guy, Tokoyami, before digging in. Ojiro saw how you plopped yourself in your seat with a 'huff' and asked if you were all right. "I'm fine," you replied simply. He looked unconvinced, but he didn't broach the subject any further.

After a few minutes of stuffing your face in aggravation, you look up to see your uncle standing behind a corner, watching you. He jerks his head to the side, indicating for you to follow him. You nod and put your plate down before turning to Ojiro. "Hey, I'll be right back."

"Sure thing, man," he says through a small mouthful of food. You get up and head over to where your uncle was. Once you reach him, you find him standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"... You all right, kid?" he asked.

You cross your arms and look away. "Why does everyone keep asking me that? I'm fine!"

He then glanced around the corner to where L/n sat at one of the tables, and you followed his trail of vision. She was surrounded by the 1A girls, who were all talking animatedly to each other... But she was sitting there looking at her food with a slightly dejected expression on her face. Your uncle looked back at you before he spoke again.

"I saw how you reacted when she gave her phone to Todoroki..."

"Yeah, so?" You really didn't want to have this talk with your uncle... Especially not now while you were still annoyed with her.

He sighed. "You have to remember that she's just really friendly... and that's the way she makes friends. I don't know how you feel towards her, and I don't expect you to tell me right away, but you shouldn't think of her negatively... She cares about you, Hitoshi."

"... How I FEEL towards her?"

"Yeah, whatever..." You stuff your hands into your pockets before walking away and heading back to your table.

-------------------------------

-Y/n POV-

After eating and bathing, you and the 1A girls head to your shared room and start getting ready for bed. "Y/n, are you all right?" Tsu asks. You had shared your first names on the bus and agreed to call each other by them... Jiro was the only one who insisted that you call her by her last name.

"Yeah, I'm good! Why do you ask?"

"It's just... You've been very quiet ever since we got here."

"I have?"

"Yeah, you've hardly said a word," added Jiro.

"You can tell us if something is bothering you, Y/n," Momo said, putting a hand on your shoulder.

After a few seconds of silence, you gave in and let out a sigh. "Before dinner, Shinso was very short with me and I don't know why. He refused to sit with me and he's been avoiding me ever since." The girls were quiet for a moment before they all smiled to each other.

"... What?" You felt like you were missing something.

"Y/n..." Toru started. "... Do you like Shinso?"

Immediately, you felt your whole face get hot. "WHAT? No, I don't like him! I mean, he's my friend... So yeah, I care about him, but I don't like him like that!" They were all smirking at you and you covered your face in your hands. Your cheeks were on fire at this point.