36: Mike's Story

Mike stood there with a blade in his hand. The blade was dripping blood as he was being surrounded by men. Instead of dropping the blade, he squeezed it in his hard ever tighter " I didn't do it. "

The man who laid on the floor , dead. Mike stood before it and said again " I didn't do it. "

( Mike )

I knew I would be betrayed one day by people from our side. I would be chased down.

But by cops.

Not by my own boss.

And here I am seating in the house surrounded by people who I used to work with. People who I call my friends. Sitting here in my own corner anxious waiting for my death.

____________________________________

He ran as he got spotted . By a young man, he remembered as he ran away. He managed to escape easily.

But it was not long after , in that very same night. He was being hunted and not the hunter.

In an alley...

Before him stood Jack. Jack pointed a gun at him " gomen." He triggers his gun but Mike dodges by running to hide behind the wall " why are you doing this ?!!"

" You know hiding there isn't going to last long for you. " Jack walked towards where he saw Mike hide.

Mike: tell me !!

Jack ; your target. Mr Loh?

Mike : I didn't do it !!

Jack ; doesn't matter. His son thinks you did. He now pays us to kill you. It's just good business really. That's what raiko sama thinks.

Mike : but I didn't do it !! He wants revenge. Let me get the right person !!

" Raiko sama doesn't seem to care about that part." And Jack walked to the corner of that wall, ready to pull his trigger. He turns. Mike was gone.

Jack ; at least he's good at running.
____________________________________

He hears the men running up the stairs. The door was quickly broken to which he was quickly surrounded

" Gomen. But... Make things easier for us. How's that ? "

Mike : you're asking me to die

" Please ? "

The first one triggers and attempts tto shoot at him at close range. He predicted it and dodges as the bullet fly. He gets close to that one, and slices his throat. That one falls and collapses  " I'm not going down that easily. "

" Don't be stubborn Mike ! One for one. You know this would somehow come back to bite us. Yours just came in a more horrible way."

Mike stood there with a blade in his hand. The blade was dripping blood as he was being surrounded by men. Instead of dropping the blade, he squeezed it in his hard ever tighter " I didn't do it. "

He looked to the man who laid on the floor , dead. Mike said again " I didn't do it. "
.
.
.

Shit. They just keep coming. Even if they're just low level ones. My stamina will get depleted.

Just then, a rain of bullets can be heard from the outside of his house. Screams of death could be heard. F

Machine gun ? Kill them to help me ? Or personal revenge ?

Followed by several precise gunshots. It then got quiet. He readies his knife as he watches the door open.

Oh fuck. It's you.

Mike : come to kill me ? Raiko sama got tired of not being able to kill me ? So he brought the big guns ?

Nanako: let's go.

Mike: that brat, wants a live one ?

Nanako : not that. Stupid. I'm going to help you escape.

Mike : what ? Are you sure ? Aren't you under your nii-san's bidding ?

Nanako : he owes me.

He stands up and smirks " I see. You're trying to piss him off. "

Nanako : something like that. Come on.
____________________________________

Mike: I was really surprised you saved me.

Nanako : excuse me ?

Mike : I mean, you went against your nii-sama for me.

Nanako : it's not that big of a deal.

Mike : now I understand. I'm like a chip to press his buttons for you.

Nanako :  you liked living in that place, didn't you ?

Mike : yea yea. I will do this one small thing for you.

Nanako : you have to be nice to jack too. He purposely sent all the low level ones and came to beg me.

Flashback~

Jack : Nanako-san !

Nanako : jack ?

Jack : please. Save Mike.

Nanako : what ?
.
.
.
Jack : so please... I know this would be requiring you to go against your nii-sama. But... I promise I'll owe you.

Nanako : you think I can save him ?

Jack ; you're the only one who can . Without getting fired ... Or killed. You're his imoto. I'm sure, there are some lines even he won't cross.

Nanako : I see.

Jack ; I sent only low level ones. I was biding time till I could find you. Please, save me. I don't think he could last anymore.

Nanako ; alright jack. You don't owe me. It's ok

End of flashback~

____________________________________