80: Past Is The Past

Keiro : it's almost done.

The room had only him and her.

Nanako ; reason you're here because...

Keiro : Ione would never agree to letting me be an agent.

Nanako ; ... You have enough power.

Keiro : you owe me this much.

Nanako ; I don't owe you anything.

Keiro takes in a deep breath " we're in your cafe. He's not here. You need me to spell it out for you ?"

Nanako : it doesn't work that way. It's not fair .

Keiro : you let everyone think you only ever loved 2 people in your life. You know that's not true.

Nanako kept quiet.

Keiro : did you choose him, because he would remind you of me ?

Nanako: Hibari Keiro!! Enough!! This has gone too far !!

Keiro laughed a little " I always liked you a little angry. All that sheep skin with a dagger underneath. "

Nanako rolled her eyes " you know I've given the power to manage the Lucerne island to Rierto."

Keiro : I won't bully him into giving me what I want when I need it. I need it, for the fogies.

Nanako : ... I see. That's what you want. Your father's hibari's business not enough for you ?

Keiro : I don't want that kind of business. Difficult to make money out of and not fun at all.

Nanako: I see.

Keiro : are you staying? After this. Or going back ?

Nanako : depends on kyoya

Keiro ;  You've really come to love him. So you'll agree to my request ?

Nanako : ... Um. I will.

Keiro : good.

Nanako : keiro. When did you find out I was... Owner of the island ?

Keiro : nanako. I didn't approach you in the alley that day because I knew who you were. You were just an injured girl who needed my help. Till today , you'll always be that girl who love my fish soup.

Nanako ; .... You can't tell any of this to kyoya.

Keiro sat back in his chair " I love my ototo too. "

Nanako ; ok.

Keiro ; I won't forget those days. I've had many women. But you're the only one I actually wanted to stay with.

Nanako : I'm dirty. Hands stained with blood. Threatening others to get what I want. I'm far from a decent girl you think I am. Do you need a recommendation?

Keiro laughs a little " you know that's not what I want."

Nanako ; too picky. Marrying someone will settle you in. Stop you having all these wild ideas

Keiro ; almost could get married . Even did the manly thing to propose. Almost became the owner of the island. Too bad someone rejected me.

She sighs " goodbye." She stands up " I'm leaving."

He held onto her wrist " I didn't know then. I was even angry. I know now. "

Flashback~

" No. I can't." She said as tears held in her eyes.

He was so angry he threw the ring away and left.
.
.
.
Rierto saw him drinking in a bar " rare of you to be here."

Keiro ; a man has his days.

Rierto ; Nanako returned to land.

Keiro ; I don't care.

Rierto: come on. You do. You're the first man she came to love and you proposed to.

Keiro : she doesn't care.

Rierto ; of course she does. She just has reasons.

Keiro ; reasons ? What could be so important?

Rierto : sighs. You can't tell. Nanako comes from a big family. She's not exactly the big wife's daughter. She has been on her own all the while. Until now...

Keiro: huh ?

Rierto : she's bound by her family. Help her father in stuff. Mostly against this Estelle lady who meddles. You can't land. She can't come back here permanently .

Keiro ; I want to call her.

Rierto : keiro...you can't return.

Keiro ; I'll just make a deal.

Rierto : someone placed a very very high bounty on your head.

End ~

He pulled her into a hug .

Nanako : let go. I have kids already. I have kyoya.

Keiro ; I know. You can't turn back. That's why , just this one time. Let me remember.