21: A Supposedly Dead Guy, Mike

Nanako cuts trim the leaves and added some fertiliser. The blue butterflies dances around her as she plants some water into the soil.

She looks to her left and right slightly as she saw the butterflies fly away. A pair of hands wrapped around her waist and pulled her in " Nanako. "

Nanako : kyoya. You made my butterflies fly away.

Kyoya : your butterflies are more important than me ?

She turned around to look at him " let's see... Um. They're more important." He laughed a little " what ? I let them stay here."

Nanako : they have such a short lifespan. So they're more important. Kyoya is going to live a long long time.

Kyoya: so confident I'll be here in a long long time ?

Nanako : no... But... You will right ?

He kissed her forehead " depends if I'm more important than these butterflies. " She smiled and hugged him " sometimes I think I'm so lucky to have met you. "

Kyoya : Nanako. Tomorrow is your father's birthday. Are you going back home ?

Nanako : mmm... I don't want to. How did you know ?

Kyoya : the invitation came.

Nanako : invitation ?

Kyoya : it had my name on it.

Nanako : what ? Tsk.

Kyoya : I want to go.

Nanako : don't go. I don't like those things. It's just an excuse of my father's birthday to invite other mafia bosses. I have to pretend I'm the good girl.

Kyoya : but I want to go. For you.

Nanako : I don't need face. I'm not going.

He cups her cheek " no. We have to go. I want them to know something."

Nanako : know what ?

Kyoya : that you're my wife. Nobody messes with you.

Nanako : are you sure ? They'll sure crowd around and ask all those stupid questions. It is the first time we're appearing as a couple. I know you don't like it.

Kyoya held onto her hand " it will be fine. Don't worry. You have me. "

Nanako : kyoya...
____________________________________

Gokudera ; so ? Who is he ?

Yukiko : .... How did you do it ?

Gokudera: what are you talking about?

Yukiko : his real name is Mike. But ... The information... They all say he's supposedly dead. There's even a corpse to prove it.

Gokudera: what ?

Yukiko gives him the files. He flips and reads it " this is... Not possible. There's no way this is possible ! "

Yukiko : I triple checked the source.

Mike : let me go. I'll give you what I took from them. I cannot be known to be alive.

Yukiko: we've taken everything on you.

Gokudera: unless it's not on him. What did you take ?

Mike : a usb drive that contains the date and amount and who the bribe was provided for.

Gokudera: why did you steal such a thing ? And for who ?

Mike : I was given an order and so I did it. I can't tell you who.

Gokudera: if you're afraid of death from your organisation, you will die here too if you don't say.

Mike : it's not about fear of death.

Gokudera: I see. Loyalty huh ? But it doesn't seem quite if you're so ready to give the drive up.

Mike : You want the drive, don't you ?

Yukiko : tell me where. I'll go retrieve it.
____________________________________

Fieram : how is it going ?

Seila : not yet.

Fieram : I see. Is she going to the celebration this time ?

Seila : you know she's doesn't like these things. But... Hibari kyoya bought a dress.

Fieram ; you think it's for that ?

Seila: not sure. Maybe it's just to spoil her

Fieram : maybe.

____________________________________

Yukiko squats down with a small shovel as she dug into the plant bed. " what a pain in the ass. Why me ? We should have brought an underling. "

Gokudera : the drive is important.

Yukiko : oh. And I'm not important ? You dig it yourself !

Gokudera : I wanted us to go watch a movie later. The one you wanted.

Yukiko : but it's a cartoon movie! You'll watch it with me ?

He bends over and kisses her in the hair " um. I've been kind of busy lately. I know I neglected you. "

Yukiko: gokudera.

Gokudera: what ?

Yukiko : I've been digging since just now for 15 minutes. Did we get the place wrong ?

He looked to the hole " right under the  plant. He lied to us ? " He takes out his phone and he dials. " Hello. "

" Hai . Hayato-san. "

Gokudera : that guy we captured still there ?

" Hai. Still there. "

He hangs up the phone " didn't run or attempt to escape. What's going on ? The guy who came to take the drive had already retrieved it ? "

Yukiko : maybe.