Chapter 48

The greatest distance is not between North and South. It's when I'm right in front of you and you don't realize how much I love you.

•|•|•|•|•

Later, Aramide is in the kitchen cooking something. She was all smiles as she cooked. King walked in and saw her searching for something in the cupboard. She stretched to the cupboard and huffed when she didn't reach it.

"Why is the cupboard so high?" she pouted annoyed.

"What are you doing?" King asked.

"I am trying to get the Maggi container. I want to cook something for Dad" Aramide complained, "and I can't reach it."

King smiled and stood behind her. He stretched toward the cupboard while Aramide froze in front of him. King got the container for her and stepped away.

"Here."

"Thank you" Aramide said and went to the gas cooker.

"I'm glad you are happy. That smile on your face is beautiful" King said sweetly.

"Thank you" Aramide said, smiling wider. "Having my dad back feels like having a weight lifted off my shoulder. At least Moyo and I aren't completely alone."

"You were never alone" King said, following her as she went to keep the container. "I was with you" he added softly.

"Yes but, my Dad is my family. I haven't seen him in years" Aramide said nonchalantly, struggling to keep the container back. "I am just so happy he is back."

King stared at Aramide's back and her bare skin peeking out of the dress as she stretched. He walked to her and took the container from her. He stood behind her and kept it back.

"Thank you" Aramide said, turning around to face King. Her eyes met King's. King and Aramide froze, their eyes locked and gazing at each other intensely.

Aramide broke out of it first. "M-move King" she whispered nervously, "why are you staring at me?"

King just stared at her and slowly placed his hands on the skin under her shirt while staring at her. Aramide's breath hitched. "Your shirt is too short" he whispered in her face.

Aramide trembled and tried not to show any emotion. She placed her hands on King's chest to push him away but it only made it worse. She looked at King in alarm and King leaned closer and buried his face in her neck. Aramide sighed and shut her eyes pleased.

King licked the skin on the side of her neck and kissed it softly. Aramide responded in pleasure but flinched and regained her senses.

Aramide pushed him away gently and looked away. "Stop King, please" Aramide said desperately.

"I'm sorry" King said, letting go of her. He looked away disappointed.

"I will be leaving in a few days. My dad wants us to move out" Aramide said stone faced.

"I don't want you to leave." King quietly said.

"I have to. We have stayed here for long, longer than intended" Aramide said, walking to the gas cooker.

"Can't you stay for a while? Don't go yet" King said.